Job Title: Provincial Project Manager (PPM)
Project: The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project
Reports to: Field Team Director
Location: In one of seven provinces: Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Vietnam (specific venue of the provincial project office will be determined)
Date: May 2021
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.
Overview of the Position:
The USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) will work with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to reduce carbon emissions associated with deforestation, the degradation of natural forests, and poor plantation management. The Project will implement a “Green Prosperity” and circular economy approach that strengthens local communities’ ability to protect their natural resource base and reduce emissions while building a strong foundation for sustainable livelihoods and equitable economic growth.
The Project will work in seven provinces and focus on five objectives:
- Strengthening community forest management;
- Promoting conservation-friendly enterprises;
- Improving law enforcement to tackle environmental crimes;
- Enhancing the management of production forests; and
- Mobilizing domestic resources.
We are looking for full-time Provincial Project Managers (PPM) to be based in our respective Project provinces namely Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, Quang Nam.
The PPM will be directly supervised by the Field Team Director and technically overseen (technical reporting line) by the Project’s Technical Directors. The following are main tasks:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Project activities in the designate province and supervise provincial office (if opened) and field staff.
- Act as the focal point between the Hanoi-based technical team and the provincial partners/stakeholders.
- Be responsible to facilitate the registration of the Project activities with respective provincial management authorities for technical visits by national and international experts/donors/staff, meetings, workshops, training courses, and so on.
- Act as focal point for communication between provincial office staff and the Field Team Director and Hanoi-based technical staff and promote a “one team” approach to the Project implementation.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all Project activities in his/her designate province are implemented timely and promote learning and sharing of information between different provinces.
- Collaborate with Technical Directors and technical staff to ensure quality of the Project activity and achievement of the Project indicator targets in the province in a cohesive manner and have aligned strategies, so that it will contribute to overall achievement of the Project objectives and goal.
- Collaborate with MEL Team for M&E data collection and evidences as the proves for indicator achievement that is reporting to USAID and GVN.
- Be responsible for reporting of the Project activity progress and indicator achievement in the province quarterly.
- Support the Project’s stakeholders in planning and ensure that the provincial team are actively involved in the work planning process and project implementation.
- Support Hanoi Operations team in recruitment, selection, performance management and capacity building for field staff.
- Certify for field office activity budgets, supporting document and payment vouchers before obtaining COP’s approval. Certify timecard for field staff before obtaining HR’s approval.
- Support audit trips both external and internal.
- Be responsible for building a strong teamwork, collaboration, coordination and compliance with DAI’s policies and procedures.
- Other tasks required by Chief of Party/Field Team Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, or relevant area required. Master’s Degree in forestry will be an advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience in the forestry or with development projects in Vietnam and having good record in working with government and development agencies. 15 years of experience in sustainable forest management planning and implementation in Vietnam is preferred.
- Prior experience in managing teams preferred in technical strategy development, activity planning and implementation.
- Strong provincial connections and understanding of planning processes and direct working experience with provincial government and private partners.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, to motivate and inspire teamwork.
- Fluent Vietnamese and ability to work independently in English speaking, reading and writing.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Vietnamese national only.
- The PPM will supervise a provincial team of technical and operation staff and short-term technical assistance consultants. The candidate must have experience in supervising staff on daily basis as manager in previous projects.
- The candidate should have experience in managing an office and direct working experience with provincial government and private partners.
- 15% for management
- 15% for monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- 70% for technical inputs (mainly Objective ii, Objective iv and Objective v)
How to apply and requested documents
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English.
- A cover letter in English indicating why candidate is suitable for this position.
- Scanned copy of related degrees.
Application to our recruitment email at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Application for Provincial Project Manager (PPM)”
Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), May 18th, 2021
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website www.dai.com.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID
05/06/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam