Estimated Start Date: April 2021
Closing Date: 5:00 PM, March 25, 2021
In cooperation with British Council and World Vision International Viet Nam as well as central and provincial Vietnamese government partners, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) – UN Migration Angecy in Viet Nam is implementing a project entitled “Tackling Modern Slavery from Viet Nam: An interagency programme for behaviour change, access to justice and reintegration support” funded by the United Kingdom’s Home Office.
This project tackles modern slavery from Viet Nam through harnessing the capacities of IOM, World Vision and British Council, Government Partners and Stakeholders to implement a coordinated series of interventions that specifically align with existing work in Viet Nam and United Kingdom’s Official Development Assistance requirements.
On the basis of IOM research, the project targets five key target provinces: Nghe An (Yen Thanh; Dien Chau districts); Hai Phong city (Hai Phong city; Thuy Nguyen district); Quang Binh: (Đong Hoi city; Bo Trach district); Ha Tinh (Can Loc; Nghi Xuan districts); and Quang Ninh (Ha Long city).
Under the prevention component the project aims at preventing vulnerable populations from becoming victims by reducing vulnerability to modern slavery through changing behaviours and attitudes and promoting alternative employment opportunities for specific vulnerable groups at risks of trafficking.
The project interventions target vulnerable Vietnamese individuals (between 15 to 35 years of age) who plan to migrate overseas within identified communes experiencing high outward migration of the aforementioned tageted provinces. Apart from a series of activities to raise awareness and promote alternative livelihood opportunities for the targeted groups, IOM will implement a Pilot Career Consultation Day model aimed students of local high schools and vocational training institutions to test its effectiveness and explore the potentiality and possibility to replicate the model in the future.
IOM is looking for a specialized event management company/organization who will be responsible for the preparation and oganization related to hosting a successful and professional Career Consultation Day at selected schools located in the targeted provinces before June 2021.
The objectives of the Career Consultation Day are as follows:
- to create more opportunities for young people (especially 11th and 12th graders) to be informed of clear pathways from education to productive employment
- to provide counselling sessions where the participants can do personality/career aptitude tests and seek advice for their future employment
- to provide a platform where young people can look at employment opportunities and choices as well as to enable them to engage with further education providers and sectors in demand of labor.
2. Event description
- Time: April – June 2021
- Location: Two (02) high schools and/or vocational training institutions in Hai Phong and Nghe An (tentative)
- Number of participants: at minimum 250 students
3.Scope of work
The duties of the selected company/organization will include the following:
- Prepare the format, agenda, physical setting and budgeting of the event for review, revisions and approval by IOM project team;
- Submit a work plan detailing all the major steps of the work and deadlines leading to the completion of the assignment;
- Identify, invite and facilitate travel arrangements for suitable experts/speakers/counsellors as approved by IOM;
- Design and print communication materials for the event including but not limited to signage, banners, flyers, decorations, etc.;
- Provide staffing to arrange and manage event reception, information support and all necessary activities related to the organization of the events;
- Manage the entire logistical and organizational aspects of the event including liaison with the provincial Government partners, suppliers and contractors in regard to technical requirements for audio-visual equipment, booths, sound, screen, stationeries and other related equipment/services;
- Manage all contractual and financial matters regarding the event, including the disbursements of payments to suppliers and contractors;
- Assist with preparation of event materials, note taking, preparation of press releases and other communications outputs before, during and after the event;
- Support IOM with collecting and provision of necessary information and data for evaluation of the event;
- Other ad hoc tasks related to the smooth running of the event.
4. Core competencies
- A proven track record of having organized events of similar nature and/or previous experiences concerned the tasks specified
- Extensive experience in providing career guidance and orientation for young people, especially in school settings
- Knowledge of migration related issues
- Understanding of the local context with a network of local suppliers/service providers in the targeted provinces is an advantage
- Experienced and qualified team
- Professionalism and strong work ethics
5. Submission of proposal
Interested applicants are required to submit their proposal (not exceeding 20 pages excluding resumes) with the following details:
- Introduction of profile and related experiences, including examples of relevant works
- Technical proposal for the assignment
- Financial proposal with cost breakdown
Proposal may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Call for Proposal.
Submitted proposal are non-returnable and only short-listed proposals will be contacted.
For more information, please follow our website.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy