I. THÔNG TIN CHUNG
- OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university student resident in Vietnam
- POSITION: Public Affairs Section (PAS) Student Intern (12 position(s))
- OPENING DATE: December 13, 2021
- CLOSING DATE: December 26, 2021
- WORK HOURS: Part-time (20+ hours/week)
- LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) to twelve (12) months
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking twelve (12) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
NOTE: We will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview.
II. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
The PAS Internship program benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
Due to the pandemic, the American Center in HCMC remains closed to the general public. However, following strict COVID related protocols, PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of the American Center to include ensuring invited patrons adhere to the Center regulations and local COVID guidance; re-shelving and sanitizing books, magazines and DVDs; assisting in inventorying American Center (AC) and EducationUSA (EdUSA) collection and maintaining client database. Interns also support in-person and virtual programs, events, educational outreach as needed. In addition to organizing Facebook and other digital activities for the American Center, Interns also promote AC/EdUSA products and engage in outreach activities throughout HCMC and handle other administrative AC tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. Most duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center go to https://vn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/american-center-hcmc/.
III. QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in Vietnam.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good working knowledge of Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (this will be tested).
5. Experience with demonstrated audio-visual, coding, 3D-printing, graphic design, film, social media, computer or photography skills is preferred.
IV. ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning Foreign National Student Intern Program (FSNIP).
3. Familiarity with the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center is preferred.
4. If selected, the student must be able to obtain and hold the medical and security certification from the Consulate.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
- The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
- There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
- There will be NO compensation or payment.
V. HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for the FNSIP, each applicant must submit the following:
1. Statement of interest (Attached).
2. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
3. Official transcripts illustrating good academic standing.
4. Written permission from the educational institution.
6.A copy of ID card and student card. 7.Any additional documents (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
VI. WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)