- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Engagement Assistant (Experiential Learning)
- Open Period: 05/08/2023 - 05/22/2023
- Salary: USD $16,364 / Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duty Location: Hanoi
- More Info: HR Section /84-24-38505000/5136 / HanoiHR@state.gov
DutiesThe incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Emerging Voices (EV) Specialist or Public Affairs Officer (PAO) designee. The incumbent will coordinate Mission Public Diplomacy (PD) outreach to Emerging Voices audiences through Experiential Learning (EXPL) projects and events, typically “learning through experience” activities such as tech or entrepreneurship camps, arts, music and sports programs, and other focused community engagement programs. The incumbent will design, develop, identify co-sponsors and funding sources, plan, and oversee a range of outreach activities in support of Mission goals.
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, multinational, government, education, nonprofit, or museum environment with marketing, public relations, communication, or education duties as a significant part of the job is required.
- Detailed knowledge of U.S. foreign policy and American interests as they apply to Vietnam and especially to the EV sector is required.
- Knowledge of Department standards for project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- A thorough understanding of the attitudes and preferences of the EV audience sector in Vietnam, including the regional, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, and linguistic factors and the religious and educational institutions that shape the attitudes, is required.
- Knowledge of typical customer service and marketing tools designed to engage specific audience segments, particularly the EV sector, in Vietnam is required. Knowledge of latest trends in EXPL engagement in related public service institutions such as schools, museums, and training institutes, as relevant for the EV sector, is required. Knowledge of the types of technical and regulatory requirements associated with arts, sports, technical learning camps or other public engagement activities in Vietnam is required. Must have knowledge of the primary influencers in popular culture, as well as Vietnamese institutions, government structures, and policies that shape local attitudes toward experiential learning techniques and/or EV audiences, particularly youth. Must be a practitioner of digital communication tools and practices trending with youth audiences, as well as those used by cultural or idea leaders influential with Vietnam’s EV sector. Understanding of the complex and changing nature of the information environment, including current trends in international and Vietnamese communications landscape is required.
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD tools to move Vietnamese attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior Mission leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives; identify, analyze, predict, and assess EOL audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of projects; and modify approaches for greatest outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to developing EXPL priority initiatives. Must have the capacity to tailor communications quickly to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious, and linguistic cultural groups; must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, and writing reports and material for publication. Must be able to brief on a variety of issues and interpret informally between English and Vietnamese for public programs.
Management Skills: Strong project management skills are required, including the ability to establish credibility and lead group participation in projects such as workshops, seminars, conferences, sports and cultural programs, and camps, including activities conducted virtually. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
Technical Skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills, and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel is required. Must be practiced in using social media and mobile platforms, podcasts, and basic photo and video tools to generate group interest and participation. Must have good numerical skills to develop and oversee project and grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and impact of EXPL activities and initiatives.
Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam to support EXPL projects and activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BenefitsLocally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above.
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
For further detailed information, please visit here.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi