- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Engagement Assistant (RELO Assistant) (English Language)
- Open Period: 05/26/2021 - 06/09/2021
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade:LE - 6510 8
- Salary: USD $16,364
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): 1 inHanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will be under the direct supervision of the Regional English Language Officer (RELO). S/he will manage the implementation, ongoing evaluation, and expansion of virtual English language programs at Post, including ECA’s Online Professional English Network (OPEN) courses, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), and Webinars (both those offered via the Office of English Language Programs in Washington and those that the RELO office hopes to offer for the local context). The incumbent will oversee other online initiatives in his/her portfolio as well as RELO social media outreach and monitoring the RELO shared inbox. S/he will serve as a Grants Officer Representative for grants with a special focus on virtual programming and for Vietnam’s Access Micro scholarship program. Additionally, the incumbent will serve as head materials coordinator, assist with Alumni tracking of RELO programming, provide administrative and logistical support for RELO programs, and serve as back up to the Cultural Affairs Specialist. The incumbent will also manage Vietnam’s English Access Program at Post to provide ongoing support for the after-school program and summer camps at sites across Vietnam, and liaise with counterparts in Ho Chi Minh, Laos, and Cambodia. The incumbent will prepare and submit Access program proposals and reports to ECA, identify reliable in-country and local providers, provide information about the program, and draft letters of support to local ministries of education and administrations. S/he will advise on material selection and professional development opportunities for Access staff, assist with curriculum development, coordinate with in-country providers, oversee program budget allocations and expenditures, administer and analyze student and teacher surveys, and coordinate with Embassy/PA staff, English Language Fellows, Fulbright ETAs, and Peace Corps volunteers to support American participation in Access programming.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of professional English language teaching experience, demonstrated project management experience, and experience in supporting programs virtually and through social media.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- A deep knowledge of up-to-date English language teaching pedagogy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability using online tools and social media for outreach and to implement programs and extensive knowledge of Vietnam’s educational system and English language education policy.
- Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language, or Applied Linguistics is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A proficiency in using office tools such as Microsoft Office suite, photo and video editing applications, form builders and online learning tools (such as Zoom and Learning Management Systems).
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank