OUCRU – HN
This position will be based in Nam Dinh City, and will require extensive travel within Nam Dinh, as well as some travel within Viet Nam to coordinate with our Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City units, and possibly internationally to attend conferences and workshops.
Hours of work
Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Initially for 01 years, including a 02 month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and research approval
The Principal Investigator/Senior Epidemiologist, OUCRU Hanoi and Director of Training & Public Engagement, OUCRU-HCMC
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Vietnam (OUCRU-VN) is a large-scale clinical and public health research Unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU – VN aims to have a positive and significant impact on global health and, in particular, the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
Dedicated to research excellence, OUCRU has a commitment to promote its research findings internationally and locally in Vietnam. OUCRU has a dedicated team responsible for promoting the image and science of OUCRU in Vietnam, and designing and implementing training and public engagement activities ranging from workshops in rural farming communities, theatre shows with a health message in local primary schools to running training programmes and promoting collaborations with universities and research institutes in Vietnam.
The main research interests for the Hanoi office are antimicrobial resistance and influenza. As part of our work on antimicrobial resistance we are partnering with the National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology to develop community-based interventions to change the way antibiotics are currently used, in order to reduce the emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance. We are looking for a Public Engagement Coordinator/Senior Public Engagement Coordinator with experience using participatory community engagement approaches, and working with different communities in Vietnam.
The Public Engagement Coordinator/Senior Public Engagement Coordinator will coordinate community engagement activities around antibiotic use in communities and among farmers and healthcare workers, in order to inform the development of public health interventions. They will coordinate the activities of a a team of 35 fieldworkers across 3 districts in Nam Dinh Province. They will lead the formation of action groups and use of participatory methods to generate dialogue with communities and develop collective solutions. They will actively seek novel and creative ways to create opportunities for dialogue and interaction between researchers, community members, farmers, pharmacists, health-workers and the public.
The Public Engagement Coordinator/Senior Public Engagement Coordinator will work closely with other members of the public engagement and research teams. The Public Engagement Coordinator/Senior Public Engagement Coordinator will coordinate with local governmental departments and institutes in Viet Nam and with the other national organizations on our Public Engagement projects in Nam Dinh, principally focusing on projects reated to antibiotic use and resistance. They will coordinate public engagement projects and community dialogue using participatory methods and visual media methods to gain a better understanding of the perspectives and practices of multiple stakeholders.
They will be personable, organised, enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated. They will be able to work independently but also be a team player.
They will be expected to contribute to wider Public Engagement events, and partner with the Schools Coordinator when needed.
· Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education)
· Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
· 13th month salary (annual bonus)
· One month salary for annual clothes
· Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
· Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
Key responsibilities and tasks
You will be working in a team to implement engagement activities under the guidance/mentorship of the Senior Epidemiologist based in OUCRU Hanoi, and will also be supported by the Head of Public Engagement based in OUCRU offices in HCMC. This involves the following:
· Train and supervise community-based facilitators to run participatory action research groups;
· Develop relationships with local government organizations to facilitate implementation;
· Develop relationships with local communities, farmers, community leaders and health facilities to facilitate implementation and design of research projects;
· Manage a team of 35 fieldworkers across 3 districts;
· Run workshops and discussions with communities;
· Implement other community engagement activities linked to current research projects on antibiotic use and resistance;
· Liaise with scientists for input into projects;
· Develop, implement and manage media, art or cultural projects at various stages of development;
· Travel to districts to set up and implement activities;
· Write up summaries of project activities;
· Conduct interviews with participants in research studies;
· Conduct participant observation at various research sites;
· Draft reports, research papers and presentations;
· Manage and administer project-specific budgets;
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications stated above, the ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced project/program coordinator who is passionate about improving the quality of life in their community by listening to them and promoting their needs, and by promoting science through diverse artistic and cultural innovation.
· Where the applicant is unfamiliar with the job they may be required to spend time learning the fundamental aspects of this discipline.
· Other tasks requested by Line Managers
· Diploma or BSc, preferably with background in community development, preventive medicine, public health/one health, natural resource management, or social science
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills in cross-cultural settings essential
· Experience of working in communities, and desire to interact with and work with a range of local communities
· Experience of using participatory methods for community engagement
· Diplomacy skills and evidence of working with government essential
· Experience supervising others
· Energetic and creative; open to new approaches and ideas
· Project and budget management experience advantageous
· Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player
· Some spoken and written English is desirable, but not essential
· Experience with publications and media
· Highly organized
To be appointed at the Senior Public Engagement Coordinator level, candidates must have MSc or higher degree, and extensive experience of working with communities using participatory methods, as well as experience managing teams of people.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
– Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Contact person: Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission: 20th December 2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi