- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Engagement Specialist (Established Opinion Leaders)
- Open Period: 05/08/2023 - 05/22/2023
- Salary: USD $24,500 / Year
- Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duty Location: Hanoi
- More Info: HR Section /84-24-38505000/5136 / HanoiHR@state.gov
DutiesThe incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Public Diplomacy Officer (PDO) for Established Opinion Leaders (EOL) Engagement or Public Affairs Officer (PAO) designee and supervises two Locally Employed (LE) staff. The incumbent will be the leading LE staff strategist/advisor responsible for Embassy Hanoi’s Public Diplomacy (PD) engagement with Established Opinion Leaders, including influential individuals and institutions such as think tanks, syndicates, labor unions, professional associations, civil society organizations, prominent academics, and professional training institutions. The incumbent will design and recommend PD strategies to connect with EOL audiences to build and sustain productive dialogue, and promote understanding of and support for U.S. policy. The incumbent will plan, develop, coordinate, oversee, and evaluate projects and initiatives to engage EOL subject matter experts and the audiences they reach.
Qualifications and EvaluationsRequirements:
EXPERIENCE: At least four years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, multinational, academic, or governmental work environment, with communications, project management, or education duties as a significant part of the job. Experience with audience or market analysis, marketing, and managing social media content is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be/must have:
- Detailed knowledge of U.S. foreign policy objectives and American interests in Vietnam as they relate to the influence of EOL institutions and experts; comprehensive knowledge of the policy focus and positions of EOL institutions and experts; and understanding of regional, ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, and linguistic factors and the influence of religious, cultural, and educational institutions in shaping Vietnamese perceptions of the United States are all required.
- Must have general knowledge of project management, including defining project objectives, outcomes, and assessment methods.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques, market analysis and analytics, and customer service standards in the United States and Vietnam; knowledge of trends in audience engagement; knowledge of trends in audience engagement; understanding of communications in the region and the international information environment as it affects Vietnam;
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
Analytic skills: Must have strong analytic skills and the ability to conceptualize how best to use PD tools to move Vietnamese attitudes in positive ways. Must be able to advise senior Mission leaders of opportunities to promote Mission objectives; identify, analyze, predict, and assess EOL audience attitudes; evaluate the impact of projects; and modify approaches for greatest outcomes. Must be able to perceive the emergence of new influencers and adjust operations and programming accordingly.
Communication / Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills, and be able to identify and engage key figures critical to shaping local public opinion. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing for evaluation purposes, writing reports, and contributing materials for publication in English and Vietnamese. Must be able to tailor communications to fit formal and informal situations and different ethnic, religious, and linguistic cultures. Must be able to brief on a variety of issues, and interpret informally between English and Vietnamese for public programs.
Management Skills: Strong project management skills are required, including the ability to develop and oversee project budgets and to organize, run, and present projects such as seminars, video conferences, panel discussions, lectures, and professional and academic programs. Must be able to negotiate agreements with partner institutions and manage their fulfillment.
Technical Skills: Good keyboarding and data entry skills and excellent familiarity with electronic discovery tools, in particular the internet, and standard information retrieval practices and procedures are required. Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, graphic design and photo editing software. Detailed knowledge of and ability to use social media and mobile platforms, photo and video sharing sites, podcast creation, and basic photo and video skills are all required. Must have good numerical skills to develop and manage project and grant budgets; must be able to develop descriptive statistical analysis of target audience segments and to describe the outcomes of EOL activities and initiatives.
Availability: Must be available to travel throughout Vietnam to support EOL activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BenefitsLocally Employed Staff working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam will receive the following allowances and benefits in addition to the annual basic salary listed above. 1. Allowances:
- Unique Conditions of Work Allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (subject to review every two years).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below, and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
- Tet Bonus - one-month basic salary
- Merit Based Compensation - annual salary increase based on performance
- Annual leave - 120 hours per year and the annual leave hours will increase every five years of creditable service according to local labor law
- Sick leave according to local labor law
- Family leave - up to 5 days and other special leave as stipulated in the local labor law
- American and Vietnamese holidays up to 21 days per year
- Contribution to mandatory insurances according to Vietnam's Government law and regulation including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance
- Supplemental Health Insurance that the U.S. Mission covers 90% of the premium for employees and each eligible family member
- Mission cash award for outstanding performance
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources for professional career development
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance. To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this vacancy” button at the header of the page. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sựFor further detailed information, please visit here.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi