Public Health Informatics and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Public Health Informatics and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Department: Vietnam Country Program
Location: Hochiminh - Vietnam
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) in 2014.The Vietnam country office is committed to respond to community health needs in Vietnam and works in such areas as reproductive, maternal, and child health, TB, HIV, vaccines and immunization, emerging and epidemic diseases, and health technologies. To achieve impact, PATH Viet Nam works across the public and private sectors and focuses on sustainable, system-level changes.
PATH will be implementing the project called “Communities for Healthy Hearts Plus” to collaborate with the health authorities, local stakeholders (both health and non-health sectors) to design a comprehensive approach toward cardio-vascular disease (CVD) risk reduction in the HCMC population, leveraging data and frontier technologies and integrated in both the PHC system and community settings that are sustainable and scalable.
PATH is seeking a Public Health Informatics and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist based in HCMC to coordinate, oversee digital health technologies to model CVD risk reduction and ensure the technical solution integrated into the model to implement, evaluate and adjust. In addition, the will he/she will take the lead in coordination and implementation of M&E and data quality assurance of the project.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Director, specific responsibilities include:
Overall Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work closely with project team, local and international partners and stakeholders to develop, revise, update and finalize the overall M&E framework, indicators, database and data quality assurance plan for required M&E systems and ensure them up-to-date and reflecting project changes and evolution;
- In collaboration with Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, local partners and the PATH team, develop and implement the M&E plan and provide inputs for process of protocol, data collection, and reporting for project progress and outcome evaluation, result dissemination, and programmatic lessons learned
- Guide, develop, support, and oversee the application of the routine monitoring system, guidelines, job aids and tools to collect and track regular data to inform the progress of project implementation, the direction of the project, and data uses;
- Work with project staff and partners to build capacity in routine M&E, including quality data assurance and management;
- Support the process of developing the M&E system for the business model implementation of implementing partner
- Manage and oversee consultants and subcontractors involved in the implementation of the responsible area and M&E;
- Provide coordination and monitoring for project implementation and management, and quality assurance to ensure all technical aspects are implemented with high quality.
Digital health solution
- In collaboration with HIS team and implementing partners and IT companies to provide inputs and oversee the process of design, development/upgrading, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and adaptation of a digital solution and tracking system, including mobile apps, database and web apps.
- Lead in providing technical guidance, field visit monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training to ensure health care providers and non-health player under the project network fully implement and apply the digital health systems for CVD risk reduction;
- Provide inputs for the digital solution developments of the CVD risk reduction guidelines and training curriculum.
- Facilitate the digital health systems for CVD risk reduction training course for health care providers.
Required skills and experiences
- A Master in public health, health informatics or a concentration in statistics, M&E and epidemiology preferred.
- At least 5 years of M&E experience (preferably including the participation or leading of the monitoring and/or evaluation of a full public health or intervention program, measuring impact and outcomes and involved in both baseline and end-line studies).
- Experience in building and or managing both qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, frameworks, and databases.
- Proven/demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience of database, M&E and data quality, technical IT, especially frontier technology.
- Understanding of the Vietnam healthcare system, especially the approaches to digital health for implementation of public health programs in both healthcare/hospitals and community settings in Vietnam context preferred.
- Proficient in database management and data processing
- Good computer skills and IT solution (statistic software, MS office application, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/3iL25A3 or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Marker Dynamics.) Deadline for applications: 17th July 2021.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam