Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-16
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Public Health Specialist (Infection, Prevention and Control/Healthcare ) (All Interested Applicants)
Open Period: 04/16/2021 - 04/30/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0550 10
Salary: USD $24,500
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Hiring Path: • Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Detail
Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Viet Nam. S/he will serve as the principal subject-matter expert, and technical advisor in all efforts undertaken by CDC-Viet Nam to advance implementation of surveillance for HAIs and promoting IPC. The incumbent will work with the Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) public health specialist and laboratory branch chief to serve as a dedicated team of subject-matter experts and technical advisors on IPC/HAI. S/he will work with the rest of the GHS team at the CDC Country Offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City Sub-Office to coordinate, facilitate, mentor, and/or directly provide capacity development support in strengthening IPC/HAI activities. Target beneficiaries include major primary, secondary and tertiary care facilities, teaching hospitals, Viet Nam Medical Services Administration, and other relevant organs of the Government working on IPC/HAI activities, including the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Trade, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. The incumbent will have direct responsibility for routine liaising with the USG Inter-Agency team, and relevant bilateral and multi-lateral development and technical partners, and NGOs across all activities pertaining to the IPC/HAI action package.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Branch Chief, the incumbent will play an important technical advisory role to the MOH and implementing partners for day-to-day program and administrative management, coordination and collaboration activities with other in-country U.S. agencies to ensure that USG programming addresses GVN priorities.
The incumbent will also represent CDC Viet Nam on IPC/HAI issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years’ minimum experience in healthcare IPC and HAI is required. Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating health programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is required.
- A professional knowledge foundation in public health as well as clinical services in IPC and HAI
- A thorough understanding of current infectious disease issues, disease surveillance and reporting, laboratory systems and information systems, clinical care and treatment.
- A good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
Education Requirements: A Medical Doctor (MD) degree is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to:
- Good program management and systems analytical skills, and be able to communicate issues and developments between the CDC team and partners within MOH and other technical, development and implementing partners, both orally and in writing.
- Good managerial skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss data, program and systems design and revision, and management and implementation approaches.
- Intermediate user-level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong skills in the interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data, including the ability to understand and synthesize numerical data.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Other Information: HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree.
Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
More information and apply HERE.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID