- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-25(R)
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Health Specialist (Antimicrobial Resistance) (All Interested Applicants)
- Open Period: 05/20/2021 - 06/03/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0550 10
- Salary: USD $24,500
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-10
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. S/he will serve as the principal subject-matter expert, and technical advisor in all efforts undertaken by CDC-Viet Nam to advance implementation of AMR surveillance, monitoring of antibiotic usage, surveillance for hospital acquired infections, and promoting infection prevention and control (IPC). The incumbent will work with the microbiology specialist and laboratory systems team lead to serve as a dedicated team of subject-matter experts and technical advisors on AMR. The incumbent will work with the rest of the laboratory systems team and the surveillance and response team at the CDC Country Offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City Sub-Office to coordinate, facilitate, mentor, and/or directly provide capacity development support in strengthening detection of AMR, monitoring antibiotic usage, and IPC. The incumbent will be under the supervision of the Team Lead for Laboratory Systems, s/he will play an important technical advisory role to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and implementing partners for day-to-day program and administrative management, coordination and collaboration activities with other in-country U.S. agencies to ensure that USG programming addresses GVN priorities. The incumbent will also represent CDC Vietnam on AMR issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years’ experience in clinical or research microbiology is required. Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating health programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is also required.
- A professional knowledge foundation in public health or clinical/research Microbiology.
- A thorough understanding of current infectious disease issues, disease surveillance and reporting, laboratory systems and information systems.
- A good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
- Education Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in Science, Public Health, Microbiology, Biological Science or Life Science is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to:
- Advanced document creation, collaboration and management skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Visio or equivalent business process modeling notation (BPMN) skills. Graphic design, modeling, and visualization skills.
- Demonstrably strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, IT architecture and systems analysis, and excellent deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both ICT professionals and health sector professionals and be able to facilitate communication between these communities.
- Superior project management skills of virtual teams with demonstrated ability to manage vendors, collaborate with partners, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills including evidence of quality proposal development, report writing, and presentations.
- Capable leader who has worked extensively in multi-cultural environments and is able to bring diverse groups/partners together to achieve a common goal.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to manage a small team.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Master degree or Equivalent
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank