Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-51 (R)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Open Period: 09/24/2021 - 10/08/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0550 10
Salary: USD $24,500
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Incumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. S/he will serve as the principal subject-matter expert, and technical advisor in all efforts undertaken by CDC-Viet Nam to advance implementation of AMR surveillance, monitoring of antibiotic usage, surveillance for hospital acquired infections, and promoting infection prevention and control (IPC). The incumbent will work with the microbiology specialist and laboratory systems team lead to serve as a dedicated team of subject-matter experts and technical advisors on AMR. The incumbent will work with the rest of the laboratory systems team and the surveillance and response team at the CDC Country Offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City Sub-Office to coordinate, facilitate, mentor, and/or directly provide capacity development support in strengthening detection of AMR, monitoring antibiotic usage, and IPC. The incumbent will be under the supervision of the Team Lead for Laboratory Systems, s/he will play an important technical advisory role to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and implementing partners for day-to-day program and administrative management, coordination and collaboration activities with other in-country U.S. agencies to ensure that USG programming addresses GVN priorities. The incumbent will also represent CDC Vietnam on AMR issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years’ experience in clinical or research microbiology is required. Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating health programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is also required.
- A professional knowledge foundation in public health or clinical/research Microbiology.
- A thorough understanding of current infectious disease issues, disease surveillance and reporting, laboratory systems and information systems.
- A good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
A Master’s degree in Science, Public Health, Microbiology, Biological Science or Life Science is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to:
- Advanced document creation, collaboration and management skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Visio or equivalent business process modeling notation (BPMN) skills. Graphic design, modeling, and visualization skills.
- Demonstrably strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, IT architecture and systems analysis, and excellent deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both ICT professionals and health sector professionals and be able to facilitate communication between these communities.
- Superior project management skills of virtual teams with demonstrated ability to manage vendors, collaborate with partners, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills including evidence of quality proposal development, report writing, and presentations.
- Capable leader who has worked extensively in multi-cultural environments and is able to bring diverse groups/partners together to achieve a common goal.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to manage a small team.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Master degree or Equivalent
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)