Incumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for the Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) program of the CDC office at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. S/he will be a key advisor to the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) for the administrative, fiscal, and technical oversight of FETP program activities. The incumbent will play an essential role as an advisor in training and mentoring young physicians with the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) in epidemiology, biostatistics, program reporting, outbreak investigation and related areas in the conduct of the FETP program. S/he will represent CDC on FETP issues in meetings with the Government of Vietnam and with international experts, and provides implementation guidance and technical support and evaluation to Vietnam counterparts funded by CDC, and serve as a liaison between U.S. government stakeholders and the MOH and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). The Position’s primary responsibilities will be focusing on the management and oversight of all aspects of the developing FETP activities, as related to information systems, and other operational responsibilities, including: site visits, data collection, and coordination of training and study materials, monitoring, and quality assurance. The incumbent will also represent CDC Vietnam on FETP issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years’ experience working in epidemiology and disease surveillance, with the MOH, MARD or other public health programs and a familiarity with USG agencies or international organizations, including WHO, FAO, OIE, or international NGOs is required. In addition, experience in developing, implementing and evaluating public health programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is required.
· Thorough understanding of current infectious disease issues, disease surveillance and reporting, laboratory systems and information systems, clinical care and treatment.
· Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
An MD, PhD in epidemiology, public health, biological sciences or laboratory sciences, or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or international equivalent is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
· Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
· Strong skills in interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
* This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
· Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
· Vietnamese ID
· Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
· DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
· SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất