- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-56(R)
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Health Specialist (Health Information Advisor) (All Interested Applicants)
- Open Period: 12/22/2020 – 01/05/2021 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE – 0550 11
- Salary: USD $32,908
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-11
- Duty Location(s):1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is FP-4. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Incumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for Health Information Systems (HIS) development at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) office, Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP) in Hanoi, Viet Nam. Under the direct supervision and management of the DGHP’s Surveillance and Response (S&R) Team Lead, the incumbent will play a key role in CDC’s Global Health Security (GHS) Program in providing technical and program management leadership in advising and supporting the Government of Viet Nam (GVN) in the development and advancement of health information systems. These systems, which include real-time disease surveillance and emergency management, must be interoperable and interconnected as required by GHSA targets. The incumbent will advise the DGHP Program Director and S&R Team Lead and other DGHP’s Technical Leads on the strategy and implementation plans for real-time surveillance and health information interoperability in Vietnam, at the same time advise and support the Program Directors and Technical Leads in other CDC’s programs including the PEPFAR and Influenza Programs on cross-cutting activities related to HIS, data management and data analysis.
The incumbent will be a key advisor and expert to the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) and other CDC’s partners for the technical and managerial oversight for all issues related to HIS development and implementation. As the primary HIS advisor and focal point for CDC’s cooperative agreement grantees, the incumbent will work closely with all CDC implementing partners to 1) design and develop a data warehouse system that integrates multiple streams of surveillance data originating from healthcare facilities, laboratories and other sources; 2) develop electronic reporting tools for different surveillance systems and data displays (or dashboards) that are automatically connected with the data warehouse system; 3) design reporting systems for other surveillance systems; 4) support the development of national policies and guidelines for public health data use and sharing; and 5) train CDC implementing partners as well as other GVN partners on HIS, data management and data analysis.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years of progressive professional experience in public health informatics, including a minimum of three years’ experience in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating health informatics programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is required.
- A professional knowledge foundation in public health, disease reporting, and the role of information systems in support of infectious disease detection and response.
- A profound understanding of the global health context including international health informatics architecture.
- A good working knowledge of program management techniques to plan, organize and direct complex activities with multiple stakeholders.
- Education Requirements:
- A Master’s degree, or international equivalent, in Health Information Technology (HIT), Health Information Management (HIM), Health Informatics, or an equivalent combination of similar education and certifications is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to:
- Advanced document creation, collaboration and management skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Visio or equivalent business process modeling notation (BPMN) skills. Graphic design, modeling, and visualization skills.
- Demonstrably strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative analysis, IT architecture and systems analysis, and excellent deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both ICT professionals and health sector professionals and be able to facilitate communication between these communities.
- Superior project management skills of virtual teams with demonstrated ability to manage vendors, collaborate with partners, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills including evidence of quality proposal development, report writing, and presentations.
- Capable leader who has worked extensively in multi-cultural environments and is able to bring diverse groups/partners together to achieve a common goal.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to manage a small team.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Master degree or Equivalent
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development