Announcement Number: HANOI-2022-02
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Public Health Specialist (Laboratory Systems Team Lead) (All Interested Applicants)
Open Period: 04/05/2022 - 04/19/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0550 11
Salary: USD $32,908
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
Under the direction of the Laboratory Branch Chief, incumbent of this position will serve as PEPFAR Laboratory services team lead and provide direct supervision for two local employee staff. The incumbent will serve a senior scientific and technical advisor to agency officials, host country in Vietnam, Ministry of Health, implementing partners and non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) in the planning and strengthening of the laboratory program in Viet Nam.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Branch Chief, the incumbent will play a critical technical advisory role to the MOH and implementing partners for day-to-day program and administrative management, coordination and collaboration activities with other in-country U.S. agencies to ensure that USG programming addresses GVN priorities.
The administrative, technical advisory and managerial roles require public health and laboratory practice/systems leadership, subject-matter expertise in microbiology, evidence-based and results-oriented analysis, advocacy and capacity building, and constant and clear communication with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders. The incumbent will also represent CDC Viet Nam on laboratory issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Responsibilities of the incumbent will include program development, monitoring, reporting and close collaboration with partners to ensure that all research and analysis in laboratories are carried out in accordance with program objectives and internationally recognized best practices.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of experience the biomedical science field or clinical laboratory. At least three year experience in HIV related diagnosis testing and microbiological monitoring of treatment with HIV/AIDS (e.g, HIV serological testing, Viral load testing) and - capacity development for laboratory programs.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of clinical microbiology, techniques involved in diagnosis of public health diseases, preference for those applicants who have HIV laboratory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Vietnam’s laboratory facilities, health care system and structures including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of the U.S. Government public health programs, strategies, methods, procedures and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results.
- Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams/activities along with U.S. Government contracts and cooperative agreements.
Education Requirements: A Master level degree in any of the following fields: Microbiology, Chemistry, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Biology or any Biological Science is required.
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with international, national, provincial, and local partners.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
- Ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners.
- Ability to perform logistical arrangements, including meeting and training coordination, to compile routine and technical reports along with strong oral and written communication skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Master degree or Equivalent
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT
31/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam