- Announcement Number: HANOI-2019-63(R)
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Public Health Specialist (Treatment) - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 12/27/2019 - 01/10/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0550 11
- Salary: USD $30,920
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-11
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-4. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
Overnight travel is required for in-country and occasional international travel.
DutiesIncumbent of this position will serve as the primary public health technical expert and contact for CDC on all activities aimed at HIV treatment. S/he will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring PEPFAR/ CDC funded treatment program activities conducted in collaboration with various levels of public health stakeholders; day-to-day program and administrative management. The incumbent, in coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies, will ensure program implementation in line with program strategic objectives and internationally recognized public health standards and best practices. The incumbent will represent CDC Vietnam on treatment issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor agencies. S/he will play an important role in providing technical support to the MOH in implementation and jointly works with other PEPFAR/CDC staff and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition and continuing program quality. Also, the incumbent will serve as a CDC provincial officer and site visit coordinator. With the provincial officer role, s/he will be responsible for leading provincial planning that includes engaging other technical staff as needed, attending provincial planning visits with CDC management and implementing partners, and documenting transition plans and current support. As a provincial site visit coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for scheduling, trip reports, and assembling site visit team.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS care and support programs or other relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current HIV issues, care and treatment, counseling and interventions, behavior change, testing, and treatment.
- An in-depth knowledge of the range of treatment programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health program.
- Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations.
- Education Requirements: A Medical doctor degree is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong skills in interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site. Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy