Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-45
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Open Period: 09/10/2021 - 09/24/2021
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0550 11
Salary: USD $32,908
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
Hiring Path: • Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-4. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Detail
Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will serve as the primary public health technical expert and contact for CDC on all activities aimed at HIV treatment programs. S/he will be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring PEPFAR/ CDC funded treatment program activities conducted in collaboration with various levels of public health stakeholders, day-to-day program and administrative management. The incumbent, in coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies, will ensure program implementation in line with program strategic objectives and internationally recognized public health standards and best practices. The incumbent will represent CDC Vietnam on treatment issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donor agencies. S/he will play an important role in technically supporting the Ministry of Health (MOH) and jointly work with other PEPFAR/CDC staff and stakeholders to ensure a smooth implementation and continuing program quality. Also, the incumbent will serve as a CDC provincial officer and site visit coordinator. For the provincial officer role, s/he will be responsible for leading provincial planning that includes engaging other technical staff as needed, attending provincial planning visits with CDC management and implementing partners, and documenting implementation progress and current support. As a provincial site visit coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for scheduling, trip reports, and assembling site visit team.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least five years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS care and support programs or other relevant public health programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required. One additional year of experience at the managerial level with multiple staff is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current HIV issues, care and treatment, counseling and interventions, behavior change, testing, and treatment.
- An in-depth knowledge of the range of treatment programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health programs.
- Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations.
Education Requirements: A Medical doctor degree is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong skills in interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree.
- Master or Equivalent Degree. Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross