Incumbent of the position will take a senior leadership role serving as the Influenza/Animal-Human Interface (I/AHI) Program Officer, organizing, implementing, coordinating and supervising CDC-supported program activities related to influenza viruses, including seasonal influenza, avian influenza, pandemic influenza, and other zoonotic diseases in humans and animals, and including other One Health related activities. Incumbent represents CDC in meetings with the Government of Vietnam and international experts, and provides implementation guidance and technical support to Vietnam counterparts funded through 2 U.S Government Cooperative Agreements and 1 contract and sub-award, totaling USD $ 941,000 in Fiscal Year 2019, to accomplish these functions. The incumbent will act as an integral part of the CDC Influenza/AHI Program team to provide expert technical assistance, oversight and management to programs that are supported through U.S Government funding in Vietnam. S/he will serve as an integral member of the HHS/CDC Influenza/AHI team, and provides technical oversight, guidance, and evaluation to HHS/CDC-funded partners developing and implementing Influenza, Animal-Human Interface and other One Health activities in Vietnam. The incumbent also has regional involvement as one of the focal points for support to CDC bilateral agreements on influenza with countries in the WHO Western Pacific and Southeast Asia regions, providing technical support to countries where necessary.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least 5 years prior experience of work in public health, preventive medicine, or internationally funded projects. Public health experience in a field related to influenza or emerging disease surveillance that involves coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required.
- Working knowledge of project management and the principles of public health, disease surveillance and investigation, laboratory technique and epidemiological approach.
- Familiarity with the human and animal health care systems in Vietnam and with the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, their structures, organizations, and politics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel and at least one statistical programs such as SAS, R, or Stata, and database programs, e.g. Access, SQL, Oracle, Epi data is required.
A Master degree in a field of medicine, veterinary medicine, or a public health is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with international, national, provincial, and local partners. Must be able to work as a team.
- Ability to support logistical arrangements, including coordination of meetings and training and workshops when needed.
- Ability to compile information and write routine and technical reports.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
15/01/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)