- Takes the lead in strategy, planning, development and implementation of corporate-level donor visibility and public recognition for contributions to OCHA and OCHA-managed pooled funds in support of resource mobilization efforts (e.g. global promotion initiatives, public information and reporting, etc.); where appropriate, works with departments, funds, agencies and donors to develop ways to promote OCHA and the funds and to incorporate relevant messages and themes into all relevant events and products.
- Coordinates donor visibility-related activities (including communications and advocacy) across the organization, particularly with the Strategic Communications Branch, the Humanitarian Financing and Resource Mobilization Division and with field offices, and with communications teams of donors.
- Identifies sources and seeks funding and other assistance for major campaigns.
- Provides advice and expertise to managers, senior officers and other public information staff on a range of public affairs issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves communications/public relations issues/problems.
- Develops strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of promotional objectives; serves as a spokesperson/principal liaison to media organizations, governmental bodies, national groups, private sector organizations, educational organizations, international organizations, etc.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of a diverse range of a suite of information communications products in support of donor visibility and major initiatives that demonstrate the value of OCHA. Includes collaboration with donors on tailored materials that attribute their investments to humanitarian achievements.
- Drafts complex material for online platforms, Social Media, UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books and edits drafts prepared by junior officers.
- Evaluates results and impact of communications activities; reports on developments, trends and attitudes regarding the UN.
- Represents the institution in meetings and conferences; fulfills speaking engagements and makes presentations to groups on UN activities and advocate issues of concern; organizes media coverage and arranges for media contacts, briefings, interviews; organizes seminars, lectures, conferences, public events on major issues and events concerning the organization.
- Builds information networks; plans and oversees maintenance of publicly accessible information materials on the United Nations; plans and develops outreach activities.
- Manages publications programme; produces materials for print/electronic/voice/visual media.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the unit including coordination of substantive and administrative activities of the unit, interpreting and disseminating policy, providing procedural advice, improving reporting systems, handling operational and administrative queries, preparing budget submissions, establishing and/or coordinating training programmes and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Coordinates and directs a team of public information/humanitarian affairs staff and mentors and supervises the work of junior officers on specific projects.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in public information, journalism, international relations, public administration or related area is required
- Experience in drafting, producing and managing multiple types of communications and outreach materials including modern advocacy tools, channels and networks is required.
- At least two years of humanitarian coordination experience in the field is required.
- Experience with resource mobilization and advocacy campaigns in a humanitarian context, is highly desirable.
Closing Date for Applications: 3rd September, 2020 APPLY HERE
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International