Position title: Project Coordinator
Project title: Leave no one behind: innovative interventions to reduce maternal mortality in ethnic minority regions of Viet Nam
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: One year
Job ID: 37877
Closing date: 04 July 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF VIET NAM.
UNFPA is implementing the Project “Leave no one behind: innovative interventions to reduce maternal mortality in ethnic minority regions of Vietnam” for the period 2021-2024. The overall goal of this project is to reduce maternal mortality in selected ethnic minority provinces, paying close attention to special needs of the target population groups and taking into consideration unique culture and tradition of ethnic minorities in Viet Nam. The project targets 60 remote ethnic minority communes of six most disadvantaged provinces located in Northern Midlands and Mountains and Central Highlands – Bac Can, Lai Chau, Son La, Dac Nong, Kon Tum and Gia Lai. The selected communes are categorized by the government of Viet Nam as “Type 3”- the areas with most difficult geographic and socio-economic conditions where ethnic minorities reside. UNFPA Country Office will execute the project in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the Departments of Health in selected mountainous provinces and local civil society organizations.
The Coordinator post is located in the UNFPA Country Office at the Green One UN House in Ha Noi, Viet Nam. He/She works under the overall supervision of and reports directly to the Programme Specialist on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), under the overall guidance of the Assistant Representative. The Coordinator leads the management, monitoring, coordinating and evaluation/reporting of the project activities and provides supports on issues related to sexual and reproductive health when required.
Summary of Key Functions:
• Ensure result-based project management, including coordinating, monitoring and evaluation, reporting of the “Leave no one behind: innovative interventions to reduce maternal mortality in ethnic minority regions of Vietnam ” project.
• Ensure established policies, rules and procedures of UNFPA and Government are complied to in all programme activities.
• Document good practices and lessons learned from the Project activities for knowledge management and decision taking by the Country Office Management.
• Assist in influencing counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to the programme and to advance the ICPD Programme of Action.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Medical doctor degree with a relevant Master’s degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least five years of experience in sexual reproductive health programme and project management. Having previous working experience in maternal health and/or in ethnic minority regions is preferable.
- Broad experience in maternal health programming including good understanding of human rights based-, gender responsive and culturally sensitive programming approaches will be an asset.
- Good understanding of national sexual and reproductive health related laws and policies and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the relevant government partners.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written English and Vietnamese. The candidate should have demonstrated excellent English and Vietnamese commands, especially report writing and oral presentation skills. A sample of English writing may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now".
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia