Competition Number: HANOI-RPO-LE07-OCT
Position title: Readiness Program Officer
Section: Common Services
Location: Embassy of Canada in Vietnam
Level: LES 07
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Starting Annual Gross Salary: VND 515,910,403
Posting Date: 28 October 2020
Closing Date: 11 November 2020
Under the general supervision of the Mission Security Officer, areas of responsibility include: conducting research and analysis regarding the security environment and developments in Vietnam; producing communications products related to security matters including briefs and reports; providing advice on operational security matters; contributing to and/or executing work and projects related to security, contingency planning and emergency response; developing and maintaining and active network of operational security contacts; assisting in the management of the locally-contracted security guard force; organizing and/or facilitating security related training and exercises; coordinating and collaborating with other embassy programs and the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City regarding security related matters; and performing other duties as required.
Area of selection:
This position is open to external applicants who reside in Hanoi, Vietnam and to all mission employees, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture.
Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
I. Essential Qualifications
A. Screening Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and recent* security related experience spanning a period of at minimum 2 years.
- * “recent” is defined as within the last five (5) years]
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese, (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a role that includes at least 2 of the following:
- Providing advice to senior management on a range of issues;
- Providing guidance across a variety of disciplines to civilians and officials;
- Conducting research and analysis, as well as synthesizing and drafting content for reports;
- Writing standard procedures;
- Conducting media monitoring;
- Drafting clear and concise communications products for internal clients;
- Building and maintaining a network of professional contacts for the purpose of advancing the interests of the organization;
- Overseeing or supervising the work of contractors.
B. Rated Requirements:
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of how to conduct research using online resources, databases, open source data, social media and other reliable and authoritative sources of information;
- Practices and procedures associated with working in a government/public service environment
- Ability to work efficiently even under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to conduct research, and to analyze and evaluate information;
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources and synthesize it in a favorable format (including internal communications products and reports that support managerial decision-making);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, clients, senior management and external stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Vietnamese;
- Ability to build and maintain a network of professional contacts.
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed in tense or stressful situations;
- Professional Integrity;
- Sound judgement;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability & Flexibility;
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect;
- Effective team player;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Will be responsible for supervising contracted security guards
II. Asset Qualifications:
(Candidates are encouraged to indicate how they meet the following criteria, where applicable. Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:)
- Ability to communicate in French;
- Certification or Diploma in a Security-related field;
- Knowledge of basic financial management, budgeting or procurement and contracting
- Knowledge of the security environment throughout Vietnam and the region;
- Knowledge of standard security mitigation features and practices for ensuing security of persons and physical property;
- Knowledge of the field of emergency management and/or business continuity;
- Experience conducting threat/risk assessments
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the essential and asset qualifications of the job as well as personal suitability.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including: a personal interview with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant’s knowledge, abilities, competencies and personal suitability for the position. In addition, tests may be conducted to assist the selection board in assessing the applicant’s qualifications, skills and language ability. Reference verifications shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
Operational Requirements: (full time, 37.5 hrs / week)
Hours of work: Mondays-Thursday: 08:00 to 17:00 and Fridays: 08:00 to 13:30
- Be able and committed to work overtime as required, including during crises or emergency situations, as well as for events or visits (including on evenings, weekends and holidays if necessary).
- Ability to travel and attend offsite meetings/work requirements.
- Available to deploy for fieldwork, potentially to locations requiring personal protective equipment.
Conditions of Employment (must be met):
The successful candidate must:
- A valid “Reliability Status” security clearance is a requirement prior to appointment. A local police clearance certification and medical examination are also required. The required level of security clearance must be maintained throughout the employment period.
- Be able to work legally in Vietnam at the time of application. The Embassy of Canada in Vietnam does not sponsor employment passes.
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted through this website http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4234&by 23:59 (GMT +7) on 11 November 2020, Hanoi time
- Only applications received through the aforementioned website before the closing date will be accepted
- Applicants should send a résumé and covering letter in English or French which addresses each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only contact those who pass the initial screening.
- Please note that the Canadian Government does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates who fail to confirm their attendance at our written exam and/or interview will be considered withdrawn from the process.
- Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language (English or French) in their application.
- Candidates are advised that the exam and interview will only be re-scheduled under these exceptional circumstances:
- Medical reason with certificate
- Pre-arranged travel with proof
- Pre-scheduled training with proof
- Death in the family
- Other exceptional reason deemed acceptable by the Selection Board
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews, then please let us know at LES-E-Recruitment-MANIL@international.gc.caduring the application process.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Vietnam which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International