The Opportunity - Receptionist/Admin Assistant
Assist in regular country program administration activities; responsible for reception of the representative office. Receptionist/Admin Assistant will work closely with other admin team members to make sure operation functions of Hanoi Office are implemented smoothly and efficiently
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Create a representative and welcoming environment for staff, colleagues and visitors to SC office. Ensure the office is opened at 8 a.m and keep the reception area tidy
- Answering all incoming phone calls and directing all outgoing calls and take messages as needed
- Process all outgoing mails, faxes, pouch materials and make phone calls as requested; Process and distribute incoming mails/e-mails and internal communications
- Ensure that mail and pouches are shipped as quick as needed and those that are received are recorded and directed properly
- Organize reference materials on displace shelf in the reception room
- Maintain, assist, and implement instruction as a resource person to staff and visitors
- Coordinate and make sure that office’s Cleaner is back up during their absence and office is always opend from 07:00AM to 06:30PM, Monday to Friday.
- Make sure staff list and emergency contacts are up to date.
- Support staff member in ordering name card print.
- Prepare expense claims for office expenses, i.e phone/internet/courier/air fares, office supplies, photocopies, leasing, utilities bills…ect.
- Provide assistance to project support team in arrangement for external meetings/workshop and office events as required.
- Manage and monitor all internal and external correspondence as assigned
- Provide general administration support, when required, including: translation work, typing minutes of admin team meeting as required by supervisor, word processing, data entry and internet research tasks
- Provide back up support to other team members in their absence when required by Administration & Human Resources Director
- Monitor and manage office’s first aid kit to make sure all items are available and in good quality for use at any time
- Provide support to Senior Admin Officer in arranging international workshops/meetings.
- Provide support to Emergency responding activities when required by line manager
- Disburse cash for all cash-related transactions, including travel advances and any payments not made by bank transfer;
- Manage the petty cash fund of Country Office;
- Perform cash counts on a weekly basis, to be verified by the CD/DPI/SPQID/Admin & HRD;
- Work closely with Finance Section to ensure sufficient cash is on hand in the office safe to ensure smooth operations of the Country Office;
- Ensure security of cash in the office safe, ensuring strict control of access;
- Maintain all relevant documentation for cash transactions and petty cash disbursements as well as other related working documentation.
- Internal: Admin team members, Senior Admin Officer, Admin & Human Resources Director, all staff
- External: visitors, suppliers of goods and services
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2 years in work experience in administration field, 1 working years with NGO is preferable
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese essential
- Good skills in translating and interpreting
- Strong organization skill
- Experienced as a secretary or junior administrative assistant be preferred
- Computer literate
- Ability to manage cash and keep proper records of cash disbursements and petty cash documentation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application: 01st August, 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN