Reporting to the Asia Regional Director, this role is a key member of the leadership team that will lead on two key new areas of work for the ARO:
- Supporting strategic portfolio
- Resource mobilisation through non-traditional sector
Resource Mobilisation and Strategic Portfolio
This role works closely with the Member Growth team, Country Office PDQs and NBD leads, as well as with the regional Program Quality and Impact team to understand funding needs at a Country level, and works on how Save the Children grows and optimises funding to address these needs.
It will focus on developing a regional funding strategy that looks to align the funding portfolio with Country Strategy Plans and to drive improvements in new business development across all funding streams. This includes embedding the principles of partnership management, award portfolio guidance, strategic use of match and pooled funding in order to maximise the impact of unrestricted income, and working on key initiatives including win/loss analysis and closer alignment between country strategic plans and fundraising. The post holder is responsible for improving new business development in SCI Country Offices and coordinating with member teams to build capacity in this area. It will be the business owner of the Fundraising Protocol at regional level, and will improve the way we work within the protocol and how we apply organisation wide account management rules using the partnership management guidance.
It will play a leading role in ensuring cross-departmental coordination and collaboration with other teams at centre, regional and country offices as well as engaging with Save the Children members.
This role will also be responsible for developing a small fundraising team in the region based on the outcome of the market assessment work and regional funding strategy.
It will also ensure alignment with the Member Growth team, and in particular with the Global Fundraising Hub and the institutional partnerships team.
- Increase quality funding for our programmes in Asia, with a focus on our countries of collective focus and priority thematic areas
- To develop a regional funding strategy that clearly aligns the demand (country strategic plans) with supply (different funding opportunities). This will include working close with Member Growth (private and public fundraising teams) as well as with Country offices and members.
- Lead the creation of a new small regional fundraising unit based in Singapore focusing on capturing the best funding opportunities, aligned with global fundraising priorities as well as member regional fundraising priorities.
- Identify further strategic initiatives to support Save the Children’s business strategy in driving and accelerating sustainable growth for Save the Children within the region, working in alignment with the global Member Growth strategy.
- Helping to seed and build new regional and non-member funding partnerships in support of the agreed funding priorities on behalf of the Region (e.g. Asia Development Bank)
Strategic Portfolio Alignment
- Work to strengthen the link between the country strategic planning process and Member fundraising strategies. This involves reviewing the current processes and tools for strategic planning, pipeline review, gap analysis and subsequent member engagement.
- Develop and maintain a regional list of priority funding gaps agreed with CDs and regional leadership to be discussed and managed with funding members (includes managing revamped must-win process)
- The role will work across the program partnerships and funding team to drive improvement in strategic portfolio planning and management across the movement; develop the right member-country office planning and operational processes and tools to achieve high quality award portfolios (in terms of alignment to strategy and profile of awards).
- Work with other functional leads, especially the Head of Institutional Funding Partnership Management and IP team in the Centre to clarify roles and responsibilities for new business development within Country Offices, giving clear direction to field teams to enable a high standard of new business development
- Assess models for staffing new business development in Country Offices and Regions, reviewing success stories, return on investment and challenges to develop an agile and sustainable approach to resourcing
- Coordination of new business development related capacity building conducted by member teams to ensure that skills training is conducted in an efficient and impactful way, responding to the capacity building needs at a Country level
- Provide direct support to Countries on specific funding opportunities, including mechanisms for accepting funding, advice on account management, running the ‘must win’ awards process
- Support the Regional Director to achieve development and implementation of regional strategic initiatives (e.g. Asia Springboard).
More information about job description: Job Description
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 3 December 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Application link: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply/details?jid=55845Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam