Competition Number: 2019-IM-06 Section: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Location: Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City Position Title: Registry Supervisor Vacancy Type: Indeterminate Classification: LE-06 Starting Salary: 403,491,541 VND per year plus benefits Hours of Work: 37.5/week Closing Date: January 5, 2020 at 23:59 (GMT + 7)
Area of Selection: This position is open to candidates who hold documentation allowing them to work in Vietnam without restriction, all employees of the Embassy of Canada and Consulate General of Canada in Vietnam and all dependents of Canada Based Staff who meet the essential qualifications, and whose applications are received by the closing date and time.
Under general supervision of the Immigration Program Manager or an Officer, this position supervises the central registry of IRCC (visa) applications. Exercises initiative in organizing own work and that of subordinate staff. Researches and resolves difficult problems. Requires a sound knowledge of the application process, requirements, and procedures as they relate to applications and registry and file maintenance.
- Organizes the operation of the registry including reception of mail, file creation and destruction, proper filing of supplemental documentation;
- Exercises quality control over all aspects of the work;
- Advises Canada-based supervisor of problematic cases or issues that may affect distribution and movement of files;
- Supervises the work of registry staff including allocation of work, training, assessing performance and performance management. May participate in staffing selection and performance management processes;
- Utilizes office equipment such as computers to enter or access information, photocopier to reproduce information, scanners and fax machines to transmit or receive documentation, telephone, etc.;
- Uses electronic systems to verify requirements, document information, research sources, complete verifications, as well as communicate with contacts for case processing and program integrity;
- Identifies high profile, sensitive or problematic cases and brings them to the immediate attention of the responsible officer or the Immigration Program Manager;
- Makes recommendations for service delivery changes on own initiative or through working groups.
- Performs other duties.
Candidates will initially be screened on the essential qualifications below and must demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet these criteria. Only those candidates who meet all the Essential Qualifications will proceed to the next stage of the process.
Graduation from a recognized university with a bachelor’s degree or above, or an acceptable combination of post-secondary education and work experience. Proof of successful completion of post-secondary education must be included with your application.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Fluency in Vietnamese (reading, writing and speaking).
- The candidate must have a minimum 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years, working in an office environment in a senior administrative support or program assistant capacity;
- At least 1 year of experience working in an international office setting or working in a diplomatic mission within the last 5 years.
Candidates must also meet the Rated qualifications below relating to knowledge, abilities and personal suitability.
- General office procedures and practices;
- Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple demands to meet deadlines in a high paced work environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively, quickly and clearly both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors;
- Ability to adapt quickly to procedural and technological changes;
- Ability to effectively lead and direct staff;
- Ability to plan, organize workflow, and coordinate information.
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Professional integrity, discretion;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skillsl;
- People / Team Leadership.
- Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following qualifications. Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the following criteria, where applicable;
- Experience in supervising individuals and teams, including allocation of work, training and performance management;
- Ability to read, write, understand and/or communicate fluently in French;
- Experience in immigration or consular work at a diplomatic mission;
- Experience working in an international office setting in English or French;
- Experience using Global Case Management System;
- Intermediate and above knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Conditions of Employment
- Legally permitted to work in Vietnam;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance from the Government of Canada, including providing, among other things, a criminal record check and validation of qualifications;
- Ability and willingness to work overtime (evenings and weekends) on short notice as required;
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required;
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be conditional on a one (1) year probationary period.
How to apply
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- A cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) which clearly describes show they meet the Essential Qualifications (education, language, and experience) and any of the Asset Qualifications;
- Proof of English language proficiency, if any;
- Proof of education completed (may be a scanned copy).
Applications must be submitted by email. The subject line of email must include your FULL NAME (in all capital letters) followed by the competition number: 2019-IM-06.
Send your complete application (as described above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates whose application are received by the closing date/time will undergo initial screening for the essential qualifications above. Only applications that comply with the application instructions will be considered.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment which may include: a written test; practical exercises; and/or personal interview. Reference checks will be conducted as a part of the evaluation process.
Individuals previously employed by IRCC must successfully pass a reference check with the manager.
- Only those candidates who are short listed for further assessment will be contacted by the Human Resources section;
- The costs arising from participation in this selection process will be each candidate’s responsibility. The Consulate General of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams, nor does it reimburse any relocation costs in the event of appointment;
- The Consulate General of Canada does not directly or indirectly sponsor work permits and does not assist successful candidates in obtaining a residence of work permit;
- There is one indeterminate position to be filled as soon as possible. This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions with various tenures, including indeterminate and term at the Consulate of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City. If the selected candidate is already an active Locally-Engaged Staff (LES) employee, the eligibility list may also be used for assignments or acting appointments. When you submit your application, you must specify at least one type of employment tenure for which you are interested in being considered (e.g., indeterminate only) so that we may create applicable eligibility lists;
- The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID