Place: Quang Tri, Vietnam
Type of contract: Fixed Term contract
Starting date: 01/03/2021
Closing date for applications: 25/01/2021
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is seeking
Rehabilitation Technical Officer
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Humanity & Inclusion (previously known as Handicap International) implement a rehabilitation project that aims at improving functionality and independence of persons with brain lesions through the strengthening of quality rehabilitation care.
Part of the project is implemented in Quang Tri Province with a specific focus on developing local, affordable and adapted solution for improving independence at home – these solutions include both improving accessibility of the house and provision of assistive devices for daily life activities.
In the framework of its project, HI is looking for a Rehabilitation Technical Officer to technically supervise and overlook the implementation of accessibility and assistive device related activities.
This position offers a great opportunity to both senior and junior rehabilitation professionals (PTs or OTs) willing to gain field experience, work in an enriching environment, befitting from HI’s technical expertise and support to gain knowledge and skills related to house accessibility, independent living and social participation.
Advantageous contracting conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Based in project site, under the Area Manager line management and in regard to activities related to improving house accessibility and provision of assistive devices, the Rehabilitation Technical Officer:
1) Organizes and implement activities
- Ensures direct implementation of project activities at field level in coordination with project members and partners related to house adaptation and accessibility by:
- Providing detailed accessibility assessment
- Providing prescription based on accessibility assessment
- Providing technical validation and recommendations for procurement and ordering
- Ensuring appropriate provision of assistive devices and accessibility solutions, including product preparation, fitting and training according to the needs
- Ensuring follow-up and post-intervention assessment
- Ensures that the activities within its scope are implemented in accordance with internal quality and technical standards
- Ensures coordination with the support services concerned when necessary (for example with the logistics department for the purchase of assistive devices)
- Ensures coordination with the project partners, as delegated by the Area Manager
2) Monitors and follows up activities and reporting
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of technical data collected in conjunction with the MEAL officer.
- Contributes to regular reporting of the technical activities for which it is responsible as agreed with line manager.
- Ensures provision of field visit reports as agreed with Line Manager.
Under delegation from the Area Manager:
- Represents the project, ensuring the transmission of the image and ethics of HI to the local partners, authorities and the community on the field
- Communicates with partners, mass media, other government offices and stakeholders when appropriate
- Takes responsibility for the implementation of the goals determined in his/her personal IAP and of the stakes in the Job Description
- Performs other functions and duties as the operation or exigencies of the project may require.
4) General term
- Apart from the specific terms stipulated above, with his/her common sense the employee will be willing to take on other tasks within his/her capacities in the event of emergency.
- Advocate to public and private, national and international organizations and agencies to promote inclusion of disability issues.
- The Project officer is familiar with HI’s protection policies (in particular: protection of beneficiaries against sexual abuse; child protection; prevention of bribery; HI’s code of conduct)
- The Project officer will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct
PROFILE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor degree in rehabilitation field (PT, OT, …)
- Vietnamese language and basic spoken and/or written English
- Information processing and organization
- Analytical skills
- Team work
- Previous experience and interest for accessibility
- Experience with project related to disability (with another NGO in Vietnam)
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract until September 2023.
- Wage: According to profile and experience
- 24 hours insurance for employee and dependents
- 40 hours a week with 2,5 days annual leave /month
- 13th salary
- 0,5 month severance allowance per 01 worked year.
TO APPLY: Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following email: email@example.com
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam