Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Position Title: Reintegration Coordination Assistant – Counter Trafficking
Duty Station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Classification: General Service, G5
Type of Appointment: 01 year fixed term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: COB, July 04 2021
Reference Code: VN2021/HN/010 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall direction of the Head of Partnerships and Projects, and direct supervision of the Reintegration Project Officer, in coordination with Project Officers for Prevention and Livelihoods, will provide support in the implementation of direct assistance and reintegration support in the field of counter trafficking. S/he will be responsible for coordinating service partners on the provision of direct assistance and reintegration support to returned migrants, including those in vulnerable situations such as stranded migrants, victims and potential victims of trafficking, ensuring the monitoring and reporting on case management and reintegration outcomes in accordance with IOM migrant assistance and protection guidelines.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of reintegration related activities. S/he will ensure effective and timely provision of direct assistance and reintegration support to beneficiaries. The incumbent will also support the Project Officers in providing technical guidance and capacity building of relevant government and partner agencies. In addition, the incumbent will provide monitoring and evaluation of reintegration activities, and participate in development of interim and final reports in coordination with the Project Officers and Project Manager.
Project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation:
- Coordinates the provision of direct assistance and reintegration to victims of trafficking, including migrants in vulnerable situations; ensuring effective and timely provision of support according to the budget, work plans, monitoring and technical requirements and expenditure.
- Collects and manages all data on individual assistance and reintegration progress on a periodical basis following the project result matrix and other agreed internal monitoring tools.
- Maintains electronic filing system for all victims and potential victims provided direct assistance and reintegration support by IOM or service providers to ensure that all relevant documents (approvals, business plans, supporting documents, invoices, monitoring reports etc.) are organized and stored following IOM data protection procedures;
- Supports the maintenance of a spreadsheet or database on all beneficiaries provided with direct assistance and reintegration support, and submits regular statistical reports to Project Manager as required (monthly, quarterly and annual);
- Contributes to the drafting of quarterly reporting narratives through coordinating with Government and implementing partners for inputs and case data following IOM data protection guidelines.
Relations internal and external counterparts:
- Provides suggestions and technical input for the development of new strategies and projects that expand the Protection portfolio in Viet Nam.
- Contributes to the promotion of IOM's Protection activities through awareness raising and visibility. Participate and engage actively to the relevant conferences, workshops, counter-trafficking network meetings, policy and technical working groups.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of capacity building and training initiatives in areas of direct assistance and reintegration support for relevant project stakeholders, Government and civil society partners, as well as programme staff providing direct assistance and reintegration support to migrants, using IOM Reintegration handbook.
- Develops and maintains close relations with the government agencies, NGOs and stakeholders working actively on reintegration support and get frequent updates from the network on reintegration-related information such as new cases, new reintegration model and so forth.
- Provides statistical data on direct assistance and reintegration outcomes in support of project proposal with migrant protection and assistance components
- Travels on field work trips (TDYs) for monitoring, conferences, meetings, and presentations in provinces
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master or Bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Humanitarian Affairs, International Studies, Political Science, Law, Human Rights, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution preferred.
- Experience in implementation of reintegration and victim support projects, case management, monitoring and evaluation of reintegration support;
- Experience in voluntary return and reintegration of victims of trafficking, including migrants in vulnerable situations;
- Understanding the issue of Vietnamese victims of trafficking and migrants in vulnerable situations;
- Good case management skills;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs, as well as in the region;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain data protection, accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel;
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
Working knowledge of any IOM official languages is an advantage.
Required Competencies (*)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh district or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam