|Sector:||Research & Quantitative Analysis|
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Required Language(s):||English, Vietnamese|
|Closing Date:||5/29/2020 (11:59pm UTC)|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. For more information, please visit www.worldbank.org.
Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment (MTI) Global Practice, one of the units in the World Bank, offers integrated solutions to clients such as the Government of Vietnam to achieve rapid and sustainable economic growth while maintaining macroeconomic and fiscal stability. The Practice is home to macro and trade economists who specialize on a wide range of topics including macro modeling and forecasting, trade and regional integration, public finance management, business environment and economic growth. Our economists make extensive use of macro, firm and household-level data for macroeconomic monitoring and for preparing economic and sectoral reports.
The MTI Unit in Vietnam provides economic analysis on a range of macroeconomic and fiscal management issues; undertakes lending operations; engages in policy dialogue and implementation support to advance critical structural reforms including those identified in the Vietnam 2035 report; assumes regular economic monitoring and macroeconomic modeling/forecasting work; maintains databases for economic and social statistics; and collaborates closely with the Country Management Unit to integrate economic analysis in the wider portfolio of the Bank’s lending, analytical and advisory work. The selected candidate will report to the MTI Practice Manager, based in Bangkok.
As part of this growing work program, the Unit is seeking to hire a Research Analyst based in Hanoi with outstanding data management skills to provide general research support, with emphasis on macroeconomic forecasting and growth analytics.
Roles & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will report to the MTI Practice Manager for East Asia Pacific 1 and is expected to have the following duties and accountabilities:
• Collect, maintain and analyze macro and micro datasets that are used for macro monitoring and to contribute to economic briefs and customized notes;
• Provide research support for the preparation of economic and sectoral reports;
• Collect, maintain and analyze databases on the real, fiscal, external, monetary sectors and prices;
• Serve as the focal point for macro modelling work and collaborate closely with relevant Global Units and East Asia and Pacific Chief Economist office;
• Provide research support and contribute to regional economic reports; and
• Participate in Practice-wide activities by contributing to debates and conversations as well as support to other countries’ work program, as needed.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in economic.
• Demonstrated track record in collecting, maintaining and analyzing macro and micro databases used for monitoring Vietnam’s economy.
• Mastery over econometric software such as STATA and use of large datasets.
• Prior knowledge and demonstrated experience working on fiscal analysis and growth analytics.
• Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum instructions and to deliver tasks on time.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
• A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude and drive.
• Strong commitment towards teamwork and knowledge sharing, especially across the World Bank Group.
• Proficiency in both Vietnamese and English languages is a requirement.
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O.
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
19/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP