Research and Evaluation Associate
The East Meets West Foundation (EMW),“the foundation for learning, healing and health", is a US-based non-governmental organization that assists disadvantaged communities in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia through programs in education, health, clean water and sanitation. Founded in 1988, EMW has a 33-year track record of innovative and effective work in Vietnam and a vast portfolio of completed projects. EMW projects and programs are known for their high quality, long -term sustainability, emphasis on results, and significant scale.
East Meets West Foundation is seeking a Research and Evaluation Associate to undertakes activities relating to research, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MERL) activities for all projects in Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao where Thrive Networks/East Meets West Foundation currently operates.
The Research and Evaluation Associate operates with a focus on excellence in process, judgment and provision of support in all MERL domains to all country program teams. The role also works with local and international researchers and other stakeholders (e.g. government stakeholders, other NGOs, and donors). Given the current and likely future constraints on travel, the work will involve considerable virtual engagement and where possible and depending on the incumbent’s location, in-person, with internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting Line: The position reports to the Director of Research and Evaluation, Thrive Networks/East Meets West Foundation
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable
Budgetary Responsibilities: Not applicable
The Research and Evaluation Associateis supposed to fulfil the following key duties and responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Collect, manage, and analyse monitoring indicators to generate quarterly organisational performance indicators and track projects’ progress to outcomes
- Participate in reviewing the monitoring tables and related procedures
- Support the in-country M&E units in collecting monitoring indicators, including training and coordinating M&E data collection to ensure timely submission and data quality
- Manage the digital monitoring system Akvo including training, administering outputs, and managing the Akvo contract
- Identify, implement, and maintain a database of EMW’s projects M&E data
Research and evaluation
- Undertake data collection and analysis for evaluation and research activities using a range of quantitative and qualitative tools including survey, interviews, focus groups, and observations
- Undertake coordinating and administrative support tasks for research and evaluation projects including fieldworks organising, input to analysis and preparing results in accordance with established objectives, timeframes, and protocols
- Undertake desk review and review of literature to scope potential research studies and evaluative activities
- Participate in improvement activities relating to monitoring and evaluation, or technical procedures and quality assurance standards through online and face to face workshops
Knowledge & learning
- Contribute to compiling donor reports, research and evaluation reports, learning briefs, and publications arising from research and evaluation, such as peer reviewed journals.
- Disseminate MERL knowledge products including maintaining the WOBA digital knowledge hub.
- Participate in workshops and learning events, and conferences (virtual and face to face) to communicate and disseminate Thrive/East Meets West’s MERL products where appropriate.
- Other duties consistent with the classification of this position.
- Advanced degree in the social sciences, public policy, public health, or international development
- At least 5 years of experience working for international NGOs or international organisations in a monitoring, evaluation, and research role, preferably in international development projects
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues in the South East Asian development context
- Strong knowledge of M&E approaches and methods and experience with results chains and log frame
- Sound analytical and data analysis skills and a demonstrated capacity to undertake quantitative and qualitative methods in monitoring, evaluation and research
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time and plan work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated project administration skills with the ability to support research, evaluation, and learning projects with agreed standards and timeframes
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as independently under general remote supervision
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and an understanding of confidentiality, privacy, and information handling principles
- Advanced written communication skills, including the ability to draft a range of knowledge products in English
- Strong oral communication skills to work with colleagues, partners and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in using data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, NVivo), Microsoft Office (e.g., Power point, Word, Excel, Access, Project), and virtual conferences tools (e.g. MS teams, Zoom, Menti)
- Superior command of spoken and written English
- Honest, enthusiasm, proactive, and willing to learn
Other information relating to the position:
The position is working from home and can be located in any countries in South East Asia
Ability to travel occasionally to field locations in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Lao
There may be a requirement to work additional hours from time to time
Salary and benefits will be determined based on experience and qualifications.
The deadline for the above position is April 11, 2021. All interested candidates are welcome to contact and submit a cover letter and CV to East Meets West, attention to Ms. Thoi Phan at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: “Application for Research and Evaluation Associate”. Electronic copies only.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)