Research and Experimentation Specialist
(Remote, position focused on Asia/Africa)
The Center for Utilizing Behavioural Insights for Children (CUBIC) is a new Save the Children initiative is guiding Save the Children country offices and Members in learning and applying a new approach, namely Behavioural Insights (BI), to increase the effectiveness of our programs and enhance impact for children. CUBIC’s Research and Experimentation Specialist will coordinate behavioural insights-focused projects with Country Office staff, implement trials and conduct evaluations, support power analysis and randomization, carry out formative behavioural research, and support data analysis.
The Research and Experimentation Specialist will:
- Implement trials and serve as project manager, in collaboration with country office staff. This will involve supporting the development of trial protocols, and working with country office staff to implement experiments that balance rigor with practical considerations. The Research & Experimentation Specialist will develop the Work Breakdown Structure and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for each project, and help determining which evaluation method is most appropriate (e.g. RCT, matched controlled trial, A/B test), help conduct power analyses and randomization, and help determine outcome measures and how data will be collected.
- Manages trials/projects, in collaboration with country office staff. Collaborate regularly with country office staff to trouble shoot and make sure projects/trials are on track. Update DIP as required.
- Produces primary and secondary research and problem analysis to better understand and diagnose behavioural issues and barriers. This includes “on the ground” formative research (where travel is permitted and appropriate as per pandemic developments).
- Supports analysis of large data sets to derive learnings and guide project/trial design.
- Supports country office trainings, particularly sessions focused on formative research, experiments and trials. These workshops involve both an introduction to behavioural insights and behavioural science, as well as hands-on design sessions to develop the prioritized approaches for testing.
- Drafts reports, case studies and academic papers to promote results of trials and advise on potential scale up.
- Contributes to organizational growth by supporting the development of proposals and concept notes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as behavioural science, psychology, neuroscience, behavioural economics, economics, public policy, data science, etc.
- Strong quantitative, research, and data analytic skills, including demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with data analysis software such as STATA, R or Python
- Experience in implementing Randomized Controlled Trials
- At least 2 years of previous work experience in a related field
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently and a team player
- Ability to succeed, drive projects, and collaborate via a remote working structure
- Excellent management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Embodies and promotes a growth mindset
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in related field, eg. Behavioural science, psychology, neuroscience, behavioural economics, Data Science, etc.
- Experience supporting research projects in developing countries
- Experience working with behavioural science focused organizations or teams
- Experience and/or certification in project management systems such as PMDPro, Agile, or PMP
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description: Job Description
*The position is remote/home-based, however candidates must be able to join remote meetings in Asia and Africa, and may need to travel to countries in these regions when it is safe to do so. Candidates already based in Asia or Africa may be preferred.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 22 Nov 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Application link: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply/details?jid=54975
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/12/2020The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
31/01/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
18/12/2020Save the Children International
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
06/12/2020Viet Nature Conservation Centre
01/12/2020Investing in Women
30/11/2020Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV)