The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, Jakarta and Shantou. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Rehabilitation of critically ill patients is one of our current focuses of work. We work with HTD and international partners such as the University of Melbourne, to design and deliver world-class rehabilitation programme for patients treated in the intensive care unit at HTD. In addition to delivering physical rehabilitation, our programme researches long-term outcome and quality of life in intensive care unit (ICU) survivors. We are also working with world-leading technology experts to develop new devices to help with rehabilitation, for example a special exercise bike for use in ICU and using wearable monitors to track rehabilitation.
The post holder will be a key member of a multidisciplinary international team, and based at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City. The post holder will work with experienced rehabilitation experts and contribute to the day-to-day running and development of clinical research and rehabilitation, with primary responsibility for delivering physical rehabilitation to patients, performing telephone follow up and implementing clinical research studies.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Help design and develop rehabilitation protocols for critically ill patients at HTD 2. Deliver physical rehabilitation to patients enrolled in clinical studies 3. Deliver quality of life questionnaires to patients before discharge or at follow-up 4. Maintain records and enter data for patients enrolled in clinical studies 5. Help with other aspects of clinical studies, particularly rehabilitation such as wearable monitoring or development of a special ICU exercise bike. 6. Assist in other clinical studies: for example, prepare study supplies and documents required for other studies, complete case report forms (CRFs), patient reimbursement. 7. Other tasks as required
Emerging Infections group
HOURS OF WORK
Full time (37.5 hours per week from Monday to Friday)
Initially for one year, including a 2 month probation period, with possibility of extension.
Assoc. Prof. Louise Thwaites and Dr. Lam Minh Yen
• Bachelor of Rehabilitation
• Good written and spoken Vietnamese
• Intermediate English communication
• Ability to work closely with other study staff and hospital collaborators
• Good attention to detail in following protocols and keeping records
• Basic computer skills, particularly MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of clinical research
• Interest in ICU rehabilitation
• Good command in English
• Chance to work with world- leaders in rehabilitation, developing specialist skills in critical care rehabilitation and gaining experience of clinical research
• Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
• Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
• Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
• Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year.
• Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labour Law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to speak to Dr Lam Minh Yen and send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates, either by email or by post to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title [OUCRU-052021] Research Assistant - Full name
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
Laboratory of Clinical Science
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
15 June 2021
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/06/2021USAID Learns - Social Impact
Request for Proposals: Demonstrating Battery Energy Storage System in the Commercial and Industrial SectorDAI