The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT in Asia is involved in the implementing of the project flagship 1 “Food Systems for Healthy Diets” (FSHD) as part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (https://a4nh.cgiar.org/about/), or CRP-A4NH, led by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). In Vietnam research in this FSHD flagship will focus on a dynamic analysis of the transformation of food systems and diet transitions at regional level. It will seek to understand not only the impacts and effectiveness of specific types of policy interventions and business innovations in relation to food systems for different target populations, but also their possible environmental and economic trade-offs.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is seeking a highly innovative and motivated short term Research Assistant to work with the Food Environment and Consumer Behavior (FE&CB) research team. The successful candidate will provide efficient and effective administrative support and co-implement research activities under the supervisor of A4NH Country Coordinator in Vietnam and Senior Research Associate of FE&CB team.
- Provide administrative, research, analytical and preparation support to the implementation of FSHD – A4NH program as requested by the A4NH Country Coordinator;
- Take part in relevant meetings and provide brief notes/reports of the meetings to the A4NH Country Coordinator;
- Support organizing related activities of FE&CB team including training workshop, meetings, events, etc.;
- Support the implementation of coaching and mentoring activities under the FE&CB team;
- Undertake any other tasks as required.
Required qualification and experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Human Nutrition, Food Processing, Value Chains or food related fields, or Development Studies, Agricultural or Environmental Economics, or Political Sciences from an accredited academic institution is required;
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in using statistical software package and research design;
- Excellent spoken and written English; good written skills are crucial.
Skills and competence
- Ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people;
- Strong analytical, reporting, and writing abilities;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines;
- Excellent human relations, coordination, planning and teamwork skills.
Terms of appointment
This assignment is 3 months from October 2021 to December 2021 and for a Vietnamese individual.
To be considered for this position, please send an email to email@example.com, copying firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application – Short-term Food Systems Research Assistant– Candidate’s full name”. In your email, please include:
- A cover letter illustrating your motivation to apply and suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and email addresses of three professional referees who have worked either as your professional or academic supervisors and are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities.
The position is urgent. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. Applications should be submitted no later than 24:00, Wednesday 06 October 2021.
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://alliancebioversityciat.org/
Organisation Name: CIAT
Application Deadline: Wed, 2021-10-06
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round