BackgroundThe Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991. OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia. OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil. Please see more information on OUCRU website: www.oucru.org
Job summaryKey tasks and responsibilities
- The Social Science Research Assistant will work on multiple ongoing social science studies, including
- Qualitative research regarding the socio-cultural aspects of death and dying in Vietnam
- A project exploring the experiences and impact of COVID-19 on vulnerable communities in Vietnam using multiple methods
- Community based participatory research regarding barriers to care for underserved populations in Ho Chi Minh City
- Other projects, as needed.
- The Social Science Research Assistant will be a member of the social science team and coordinate and implement studies under the guidance/mentorship of the Social Science Team Lead. They will also be supported by the Head of Public Engagement.
- This role involves the following activities:
- Coordinate qualitative research activities for multiple projects, including management of ethics submissions, and day to day management of project activities;
- Conduct or assist with focus group discussions, in-depth interviews and participant observation;
- Coordinate and manage data from various studies;
- Write up summary results in reports;
- Liaise with others for input into projects;
- Participate in training and skills development workshops.
- BA/BS or higher degree, with background in social sciences, anthropology, or related field
- Experience working on qualitative studies, including coordination and data management
- Some experience collecting interviews, focus group discussions, and/or participant observation
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in cross-cultural settings
- Highly organized
- MA, with background in social sciences, anthropology, or related field
- At least 2 or more years of experience conducting qualitative research and/or coordinating social science research studies
- Experience with qualitative data analysis
- Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to applyInterested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae, application and copies of relevant certificates, either by email or by post to: Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Laboratory of Clinical Science Hospital for Tropical Diseases 764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC Tel: 39237954 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org * The cover letter should detail: What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position? Why you would make a good candidate for this position? *** We thanks all applicants for their interests, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Contact person: Ms. Nguyen Thi Hong Phuc
Deadline for submission: 24th March 2021Please refer to the official webpage for more details.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD