Initially for 1 year, including a 2-month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and research approval.
Vu Thi Lan Huong/ Thomas Kesteman
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU website: www.oucru.org
The Research Assistant will support the implementation of research studies to improve antibiotic treatment in the hospital setting. These include mixed-methods studies on use of diagnostic microbiology testing (e.g. blood culture) and associated health professionals’ perceptions and practices, and evaluation of the integration and impact of a compact microbiology laboratory in hospitals. The post holder will support the development, testing and use of tools and methods to collect data, data management, and analysis of qualitative datasets to address the study questions. They will work closely with local partners to develop locally feasible work plans based on study protocols and implement the work plans to achieve the expected study deliverables.
The Research Assistant will work closely with the OUCRU Hanoi Principal Investigators. They will be personable, organised, enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated. They will be able to work independently but also be a team player.
Key responsibilities and tasks
You will be working in a team to implement research activities under the guidance/mentorship of OUCRU Hanoi Principal Investigators based in Hanoi, and will also be supported by the Clinical Trial Unit and Social Science team based in OUCRU offices in Viet Nam. This involves the following:
· Conduct literature reviews on relevant topics;
· Support developing and adapting data collection tools and standard operating procedures and other study materials;
· Develop and maintain relationships with local partners during implementation and design of research projects;
· Work with local partners to develop work plans to implement study protocols and identify the research participants and sources for data collection
· Use the data collection tools to collect data as required in collaboration with local partners: conduct and facilitate interviews, group discussions, observations, desk review and other methods on site
· Transcribe and translate data obtained from interviews, discussions and observations where relevant;
· Use relevant software/programmes to prepare and analyze qualitative data;
· Draft research papers and presentations;
· Manage and administer project-specific budgets;
· Conduct and support training activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences
- Experience with qualitative data collection for research studies
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Experience working on health -related research studies
- Attention to details and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel, interact with, and work in a range of hospital settings
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player
- Energetic and creative; open to new approaches and ideas
- A background in public health, nursing or microbiology is preferred
- Experience working in hospital settings
- Project management experience
- Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two-month salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days.
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
- What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
- Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission
1st May, 2021
OUCRU - HN
Hours of work
Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF