Special Study on Vietnam Forest and Deltas Program (Task # 4.022)
Location: Hanoi, Nam Dinh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, and Long An, Vietnam
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm which provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. In Vietnam, SI is implementing the USAID Learns program to support USAID staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs. Today, SI seeks a qualified consultant to support a study on the implementation of the Vietnam Forests and Deltas Program.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply**
The USAID Vietnam Forests and Deltas (VFD) Program (2012 – 2021) supports Vietnam’s transition to more resilient and sustainable development. The first phase of the program (2012-2018) helped put national policies and strategies into practice to respond to climate change, with a focus on the forestry and agriculture sectors, disaster risk reduction, and strengthening rural livelihoods. Since 2018, the program’s second phase has focused on supporting the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to ensure that the payment for forest environmental services (PFES) system—a critical mechanism helping to conserve Vietnam’s forests is an effective tool in accomplishing the country’s environmental and socio-economic goals.
USAID Learns is conducting a special study to collect feedback from local stakeholders on the implementation of the program to inform new USAID-funded activities.
Based on relevant document review, interviews with Key Informants, this study will seek to answer the following key questions, from the perspective of program stakeholders:
- What have been the most significant changes as a result of the program?
- What have been the key challenges of program implementation? What lessons can be drawn from these challenges?
- What are the contributing factors to the successes and challenges of the program?
- How has the program contributed to policy change and implementation in Vietnam?
- Key lessons learned and recommendations?
SI is seeking a consultant to act as a Research Assistant for the Special Study on Vietnam Forest and Deltas Program study, with specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide logistics and coordination support for fieldwork arrangement (including meetings with stakeholders, interviews, focus group discussions in the project sites and at central level).
- Participate in meetings and fieldwork activities, take notes, entry and clean data
- Detail timeline of the research activities produced
- Detail schedule of meetings, interviews, fieldwork activities produced and followed up
- Meetings, interviews, fieldwork activities followed up and coordinated smoothly with the support from the project management unit
- Notes from meetings, interviews, focus group discussion, and clean data submitted
Qualifications: Research assistant for Vietnam Forest and Deltas Program Review
- At least Bachelor Degree on relevant field is required
- At least five years of experience in coordinating and assisting research/assessment/evaluation for development projects, and familiarity with related compliance.
- Must have experience with fieldwork activities, especially at project sites.
- Experience in coordinating activities with GVN.
- Must have experience Fluency in Vietnamese required.
- Fluency in English with demonstrated good writing skills are required.
Expected timeline: Late Jan, 2021 – April 30, 2021
LOE: up to15 days and expected to start as soon as possible
The closing date for application: January 14, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam