The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
The Alliance focuses on the nexus of agriculture, environment, and nutrition. We work with local, national, and multinational partners across Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean, and with the public and private sectors and civil society. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, the world’s largest agricultural research and innovation partnership for a food-secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Alliance Asia Climate Action team is looking for a motivated and high performing Research Associate to support the delivery of our advisory services to public and private actors. You will be able to develop innovative and high quality decision-making solutions to help unlock investments in sustainable agriculture and land use. We consider the Alliance and the CGIAR work on sustainable finance as strategic to contribute to reducing poverty, improving food and nutrition security, and scaling sustainable agriculture and land use.
As a result of the diverse nature of our work, you will have the opportunity to work within a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The team provides services in 10+ countries in Asia (e.g. Cambodia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam) working with a broad range of partners, including governments, multilateral development banks, development partners and impact investors.
The Research Associate will join the Alliance’s Climate Action team and work under the supervision of the Global Advisory Services Lead based Rabat, Morocco and the Climate Policy Hub (CPH) coordinator based in Hanoi.
- Support the implementation and coordination of projects on agricultural finance, agribusiness development and agricultural insurance. Past experience working on at least two of the above is a plus;
- Use analytical skills to conduct economic assessments of different climate-smart investment packages. Design and conduct data collection activities, cleaning, processing and analyzing quantitative data, and drawing recommendations from the outputs;
- Lead the writing of high quality analytical materials to support investment planning;
- Work closely with project partners and other teams in the Alliance to mainstream investment considerations into research portfolio, through the conceptualization of innovative methodologies to assess investment needs;
- Stay up to date with the most recent literature on climate finance, agribusiness development and agricultural insurance;
- Provide ad-hoc research and synthesis on climate impacts, technological solutions, and policy frameworks;
- Organize and help moderate workshops with a variety of stakeholders in multiple countries; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in finance, environmental/agricultural economics, business studies, development studies, or public policy field, with an understanding of climate related risks in agriculture.
- Strong quantitative background.
- Excellent/proven English and Vietnamese writing skills.
- Past experience conducting participatory research and/or in finance would be a plus.
- Experience working on collaborative projects as part of an international team would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel in the region.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The position is regionally recruited and will be based at the Alliance Office in Hanoi, Vietnam. The initial contract will be for one year and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive compensation.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vita, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to Ms. Kieu Le Huyen (H.firstname.lastname@example.org) with cc to James Giles (J.Giles@cgiar.org) with a subject: Application – Research Associate – Candidate’s full name.
The position is urgent and will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. We recommend applying as soon as possible and no later than 26/02/2021
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://ciat.cgiar.org/alliance/Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
11/03/2021USAID Wildlife Asia
11/03/2021Đại sứ quán Hàn quốc
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
07/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
01/05/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
All year roundWorld Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông vì sự phát triển bền vững (CSD)
31/03/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
14/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
20/03/2021World Vision (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision (WVV)