The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
The Alliance focuses on the nexus of agriculture, environment, and nutrition. We work with local, national, and multinational partners across Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean, and with the public and private sectors and civil society. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, the world’s largest agricultural research and innovation partnership for a food-secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Alliance Asia Climate Action team is looking for a motivated and high performing junior professional with excellent project management and coordination expertise, to support the delivery of our advisory services to public and private actors. You will be able to contribute to the development of innovative and high quality decision-making solutions to help unlock investments in sustainable agriculture and land use. We consider the Alliance and the CGIAR work on sustainable finance as strategic to contribute to reducing poverty, improving food and nutrition security, and scaling sustainable agriculture and land use.
As a result of the diverse nature of our work, you will have the opportunity to work within a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The team provides services in 10+ countries in Asia (e.g. Cambodia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam) working with a broad range of partners, including governments, multilateral development banks, development partners and impact investors.
The Research Officer will join the Alliance’s Climate Action team and work under the supervision of the Climate Policy Hub (CPH) coordinator based in Hanoi and the Global Advisory Services Lead based Rabat, Morocco.
- Support the effective project management of projects in Vietnam and other countries in the region, working closely with scientists, donors, national partners and end beneficiaries;
- Keep track of the progress of the projects following up with internal and external actors to ensure timely completion of project deliverables;
- Conduct ad-hoc support tasks for research teams across the CPH, including but not limited to; desk research, literature review, field surveys, workshop facilitation, data collection and processing, and support proposal writing;
- Provide ongoing support to CPH team on administrative tasks such as contracting, budgeting and the coordination of field activities (including workshops)
- Contribute to the design of research projects and stay actively involved in the different stages of the implementation, gaining experience and developing skills in agricultural research;
- Support the team with knowledge management, ensuring all research outputs and raw data is stored in an organized and accessible fashion;
- Write new items for the internal newsletter sharing updates on ongoing projects; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor or Master degree in environmental science, development studies, public policy, or related fields
- Excellent/proven English and Vietnamese writing skills.
- Experience coordinating collaborative research projects as part of an international team would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel in the region.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The position is regionally recruited and will be based at the Alliance Office, Hanoi, Vietnam.
The initial contract will be for one year and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive package and benefits.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vita, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to Ms. Kieu Le Huyen (H.firstname.lastname@example.org) with cc to James Giles (J.Giles@cgiar.org) with a subject: Application – Research Associate – Candidate’s full name.
The position is urgent and will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. We recommend applying as soon as possible and no later than 26/02/2021
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://ciat.cgiar.org/alliance/Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam