The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
The Alliance focuses on the nexus of agriculture, environment, and nutrition. We work with local, national, and multinational partners across Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean, and with the public and private sectors and civil society. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, the world’s largest agricultural research and innovation partnership for a food-secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Alliance Asia Climate Action team is looking for a motivated and high performing junior professional with excellent project management and coordination expertise, to support the delivery of our advisory services to public and private actors. You will be able to contribute to the development of innovative and high quality decision-making solutions to help unlock investments in sustainable agriculture and land use. We consider the Alliance and the CGIAR work on sustainable finance as strategic to contribute to reducing poverty, improving food and nutrition security, and scaling sustainable agriculture and land use.
As a result of the diverse nature of our work, you will have the opportunity to work within a multicultural and multidisciplinary team. The team provides services in 10+ countries in Asia (e.g. Cambodia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam) working with a broad range of partners, including governments, multilateral development banks, development partners and impact investors.
The Research Officer will join the Alliance’s Climate Action team and work under the supervision of the Climate Policy Hub (CPH) coordinator based in Hanoi and the Global Advisory Services Lead based Rabat, Morocco.
- Support the effective project management of projects in Vietnam and other countries in the region, working closely with scientists, donors, national partners and end beneficiaries;
- Keep track of the progress of the projects following up with internal and external actors to ensure timely completion of project deliverables;
- Conduct ad-hoc support tasks for research teams across the CPH, including but not limited to; desk research, literature review, field surveys, workshop facilitation, data collection and processing, and support proposal writing;
- Provide ongoing support to CPH team on administrative tasks such as contracting, budgeting and the coordination of field activities (including workshops)
- Contribute to the design of research projects and stay actively involved in the different stages of the implementation, gaining experience and developing skills in agricultural research;
- Support the team with knowledge management, ensuring all research outputs and raw data is stored in an organized and accessible fashion;
- Write new items for the internal newsletter sharing updates on ongoing projects; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
PROFILE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor or Master degree in environmental science, development studies, public policy, or related fields
- Excellent/proven English and Vietnamese writing skills.
- Experience coordinating collaborative research projects as part of an international team would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel in the region.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The position is regionally recruited and will be based at the Alliance Office, Hanoi, Vietnam.
The initial contract will be for one year and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with a competitive package and benefits.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vita, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to Ms. Kieu Le Huyen (H.firstname.lastname@example.org) with cc to James Giles (J.Giles@cgiar.org) with a subject: Application – Research Associate – Candidate’s full name.
The position is urgent and will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. We recommend applying as soon as possible and no later than 26/02/2021
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://ciat.cgiar.org/alliance/
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children