Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Employment Type: Fulltime (100% FTE)
Duration: 01 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
This position will work for community programs of two sister-organizations who have registration in Viet Nam: IRD VN and Friends for International TB Relief (FIT)
IRD VN is a locally registered social enterprise with the mission of improving public health by alleviating the societal and individual burden caused by infectious diseases and non-communicable diseases. IRD VN works on the endTB and endTB-Q projects which have introduced and evaluated delamanid- and bedaquiline-based regimens for treatment of MDR-TB in Viet Nam. In addition, IRD VN has been implementing mobile chest X-ray screening campaigns in key populations, such as the elderly and isolated island communities.
FIT VN is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP), FIT is helping to build a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong , Hoi An, Can Tho) and several island and remote communities. In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated Research Coordinator to support our project activities. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
- Engage with relevant stakeholders at the Community level, study participants and contacts.
- Solicit support from local stakeholders to recruit and train community health workers (CHW) in the wards in which study participants reside for treatment support throughout the course of the study.
- Obtain weekly Xpert results for all machines placed at District TB Units.
- Conduct pre-screening (and contact investigation, if convenient) for all patients with a rifampicin-resistance result on Xpert.
- Follow-up and manage the screening activity for all patients with a rifampicin-resistance result on Xpert.
- Obtain first-level consent from eligible candidates prior to referring to Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital.
- Monitor pre-/screening, testing procedures and referral of TB patients from district TB Unit to Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital.
- Follow-up with TB officers to ensure that all persons eligible for Xpert will be tested at the District TB Units with Xpert capacity diligently.
- Follow-up with participants, commune TB officers, District TB Unit and province-level staff on the status of referrals of potential participants.
- Coordinate with commune health station TB officers and community members to provide contact investigation and adherence support.
- Ensure the provision of treatment support consisting of people follow-up via in-person visit or phone of at least once a week.
- Monitor trial participants’ interactions to ensure that they are followed up daily by Community Health Workers
- Support treatment follow-up and missed doses should be notified within 24 hours to DTU study, DOT staff and site coordinator.
- Work with Community Health Workers to conduct household visits for all the study participants to provide adherence counseling, contact tracing and observe evening doses on days off.
- Collaborate with Community Health Workers, TB officers and DTU on case management for each participant managed for the entire duration of treatment.
- Support and monitor the administration of evening doses as per protocol.
- Enter all the study data into the data management software systems.
- Weekly and monthly report as required.
- Support other work as required by the study and site coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or management is required
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in non-profit organizations, preferably for health-related programs/projects
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: “Application for Research Coordinator_HCMC”
- Deadline: 30/06/2021
Compensation and the final position grade will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits will be included in the compensation package. All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted and interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
IRD VN is an equal opportunity employerCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/06/2021USAID Learns - Social Impact
Request for Proposals: Demonstrating Battery Energy Storage System in the Commercial and Industrial SectorDAI