The Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) Program provides an opportunity for talented undergraduates studying math, computer science, and related disciplines to work in teams on real-world research projects proposed by sponsors from industry or the public sector. The student team, with support from their academic mentor and industry mentor, will research the problem and present their results, both orally and in writing, at the end of the program.
The REU program is nine weeks. IPAM provides each undergraduate student with a travel allowance and a stipend of $3,500. Housing and most meals are also included.
RIPS-LA students will live in residence halls on the UCLA campus and will work at IPAM. We expect to have nine projects. The project sponsors are announced in March. Projects vary, but all involve some math, statistics, data, and computing.
International students are eligible to apply for RIPS-LA, as are graduating seniors. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the program. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
The RIPS REU is available in Singapore as well. The application is the same for both programs.
To apply, click on the application tab on the far right.
To apply for RIPS, visit: https://www.mathprograms.org/db/programs/1009 and follow the steps below:
1. Review the program description/requirements and click on “Apply.”
2. Login using your email address, choose your own password and check the “this is my first login…” checkbox on your first login.
3. After login, fill out the Standard Coversheet. Make sure to enter your two reference writers, but do not check the “email notify writer on submit” box.
4. Click on “submit” and you will be redirected to the RIPS application form.
5. Fill out the RIPS application form. For the “US VISA Status” question, select your country of citizenship. Also, make sure to check the box of the program(s) you would like to be considered for (Los Angeles, Singapore, or both). International students are only eligible for RIPS-LA.
6. Make sure to submit/upload all the required documents: your resume/CV, transcripts (can be unofficial), and select two reference writers for this program. Make sure to check the boxes next to your reference writers’ names and click on the green arrow to send them an email request for a tailored reference letter (the system will email them the reference letter requests). Your reference writers won’t receive any letter requests unless you click on the green arrow and the status next to their names changes to “email sent.”
7. Once you complete the application form and upload the required documents, click on “Apply.” Your submission is successful only if you see the “Thank you for submitting your application” screen right after submitting the form that states your application is complete and all required items have been submitted.
8. You can check your Status page to see any status updates, and to see if your application is complete or to update it.
The application deadline is February 12, 2021 at 8:59 PM (Pacific Time). No applications or reference letters will be accepted after the deadline.
RIPS is a program for students who are enrolled in or have just completed an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Recent graduates who have received their degree no earlier than December 2020 may apply.
Please send your questions to email@example.com.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi