Research & Organizational Learning Intern
USAID/Vietnam LearnsAbout Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI seeks to hire 01 full-time Research & Organizational Learning intern for the 12-month Internship program at USAID-Learns starting in August 2022.
- Recent university graduate, undergraduate or master’s degree (no more than 2 years ago);
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience in using Pivot table will be an advantage;
- Have experience in supporting organizing events and conducting research data collection;
- Basic knowledge of statistical methodology;
- Keen interest in managing research assignments, data collection, and data management;
- Keen interest in contributing to sustainable development goals;
- Good English and Vietnamese reading and writing skills;
- Able to pay close attention to details.
With the support and guidance of the team or publicly available resources, become familiar with all relevant (CLA, Research and Evaluation) USAID policy and requirements, the intern will be expected to:
- Assist the research team in managing research assignments, logistical arrangements, coordination support:
- Support in tracking the progress and budget of the research assignments.
- Assist in managing consultant’s Level of Effort (LoE) and their deliverables.
- Support the organization of the research team’s files on Social Impact’s server (SharePoint and Google Drive).
- Provide logistics support to the team in organizing events, travels, meetings, interviews, and other data collection events:
- Schedule and contact with target respondents/ participants for interviews/focus group discussion/ consultation sessions/ learning events;
- Support in notes taking for key informant interviews /focus group discussion/ consultation sessions/ learning events if necessary;
- Schedule internal team meetings and take notes;
- Provide support/information to assist with travel, accommodation booking, and car arrangement for the team
- Organize the translation for the events and translation of documents/notes and check to ensure their quality.
- Assist in organizing training for data collection firms and monitor data collection in the field if necessary.
- Assist the research team with a desk review, data analysis, and research product visualization.
- Support the CLA team to maintain and update CLA and research indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: As part of the internship program, interns may be expected to conduct assignments which will be shadowing (repeating) active or past Learns assignments as part of the learning-by-doing process
By the end of the assignment, interns will obtain:
- Exposure to managing research assignments;
- Exposure to designing research, conducting fieldwork, analyzing data, and writing reports;
- Experience in coordinating, research using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Experience in organizing research events/ training/meetings/ sharing experience events.
- Insight on development program cycle and management.
Terms of the internship
- Duration: Up to 12 months
- Remuneration: A stipend of VND 11,600,000 per month
- Benefits: Social and health insurance according to the local labor law, telephone allowance, Tet bonus, paid leave, and holiday according to the organization’s policy.
The closing date for application: July 24, 2022. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications, motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.comApply here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=4168
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN