The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT seeks a Research Specialist to join the Food Environment and Consumer Behavior (FECB) team in Vietnam. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and conducting research on food systems, collaborating in fundraising activities, ensuring integration with public and private stakeholders and decision makers in compliance with research priorities and the FECB strategy in Vietnam and across the region. The position will report to the FECB Research Team Leader in Asia and the FECB research director.
This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Contribute actively to the delivery of research outputs in the FECB Asia team including research products (i.e., working papers, scientific articles, reports, etc.);
- Co-design research activities and support in their management in concert with the global FECB program strategy and priorities, ensure research coordination and quality and timely delivery of results;
- Support the FECB Research Team Leader in Asia in stakeholder engagement in Vietnam (public and private) ensuring high quality research is shared in a timely and understandable manner with key decision-makers on topics relevant to food environment and consumer behavior;
- Cooperates in managing local research partners engagement and contracts in Vietnam;
- Facilitate or organize cross team research collaboration in the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and, where relevant, engage in collaboration with targeted OneCG initiatives active in Asia;
- Co-supervise and provide guidance to research staff, other team members, and partners on research strategies, projects and deliverables;
- Contribute to fund raising activities.
- Master’s or PhD’s degree holder in Nutrition, Community Development, Economics, Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Anthropology, Political Science or similar field with strong record in policy engagement and food systems analysis; PhD in the same degree is an asset;
- Proven capacity in research design, implementation, data collection and analysis, data visualization and scientific writing particularly in the use of mixed quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Documented ability to use advanced quantitative analytical tools including advanced statistics, R, Python and/or similar analytic tools for qualitative data sets a plus;
- At least five (5) years of experience in a similar position;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with team members, governments, and other stakeholders to achieve common results and goals in a timely fashion;
- Ability and interest to support skill development of junior staff and colleagues;
- Excellent written, editing and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Strong ability to lead, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and ability to communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic, interdisciplinary, and multi-cultural team.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position based in Hanoi, Vietnam and available for Vietnamese nationals. Contracts are issued and renewed annually based on performance and availability of resources. This position is subjected to an initial two-month probation period and is graded at a level BG8 in a scale of 14 levels, being BG14 the highest level. The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, strives for staff diversity and offers competitive packages.
To be considered for this position, please send an email to HR Unit: T.ToMai@cgiar.org (Ms. To Mai Trang), cc M.Raju@cgiar.org (Ms. Monissa Raju) with the subject line “Application: Research Specialist – Your full name”. In your email, please include:
- A cover letter illustrating your motivation to apply and suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities;
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and email addresses of three professional referees who are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities.
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://alliancebioversityciat.org/Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD