Vacancy for a RESEARCHER/ Center for Advanced Studies in Economics and Data Science (CASED)
With the need for high-quality training among college students, lecturers, and researchers of economics, finance, business administration, together with the market demand for staff capacity in data science, in 2019, Professor Le Van Cuong (from the French National Center for Scientific Research) and Dr Nguyen Ngoc Anh (from the Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN) established the Center for Advanced Studies in Economics and Data Science (CASED).
CASED’s most highlighted training programme is the Pre-Master/PhD in Economics Programme. The Programme is specially designed for Vietnamese students, combining study skills lessons and academic lectures to ensure swift adaptation to Master and PhD programs in Economics. After two years of operation, CASED has provided four Pre-Master/PhD courses for more than 60 people. In additional, CASED has provided series of short training courses on data science, data analysis such as Data Wrangling & Visualization with R, Data Analysis in Stata, Causal Inference and Public Policy, General Equilibrium, Dynamic Programming in Economics. CASED has a strong and wide network of reputed economists and experts all over the world that help to organize more than 30 economic and non-economic workshops and seminars so far. CASED also provides technical and financial supports for PhD students and young researchers.
Apart from training activities and scientific workshops, in the coming time, CASED intend to leverage research activities, thus, CASED is seeking applicants for researcher(s) as below:
- Working in a dynamic, friendly and learning environment;
- Working with and learning from top Vietnamese economists abroad and in country;
- Directly working under the supervision of Professor Le Van Cuong and Dr Nguyen Ngoc Anh;
- Networking with economic research communities;
- Improving research capability;
- Participating in CASED Center training courses, workshop and seminars;
- Receiving financial and other supports if having opportunity to go abroad for further study.
- To develop research ideas, research proposals;
- To organize the implementation of research projects and to monitor the progress of research;
- To produce research reports and publications;
- To organize workshops, scientific seminars;
- To expand the scientific network of CASED and to promote research cooperation and collaboration between CASED and other research institutions;
- To assist Professor Le Van Cuong and Dr Nguyen Ngoc Anh in other research activities.
- At least holding a Master Degree in Economics and/or related fields. PhD in Economics and/or other related fields is an advantage. Foreign degrees are preferred.
- Having experience in research projects. Having publications in reputed international scientific journal is an advantage.
- Proficiency in professional statistical software and programming.
- Critical thinking, excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent command in English.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (including a cover letter, a CV and other supporting documents: previous publications, articles, etc.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline of application submission: 15 November, 2021
Training Center for Advanced Studies in Economics and Data Science (CASED)
Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN)
Suite: No 1B, Ly Thuong Kiet Alley, Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84 34 948 7117
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization