About our organizationThe World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role which trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
Project or Program and duration of same:The V-SCOPE project, funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), and implemented by a consortium of international and national research organizations in period of 2021-2021. The V-SCOPE will endeavor to support these companies in designing, optimizing and implementing local interventions - such as improved provision of recommended fertilizers or improved capacity to manage sustainable standards (Rainforest alliance, 4C...) - with strong potential to benefit small-scale farmers. Our aim is to collectively identify and address gaps in the current companies’ sustainability programs and business activities in targeted areas for piloted groups of farmers using participatory methods to work together with the different stakeholders engaged in these programs and trade activities. Participatory methods will serve in particular to help reconcile value chain stakeholders’ visions and make them converge towards more resilient and inclusive value chains. The Agroecology for resilient landscapes to overcome poverty of ethnic minorities in Northern Vietnam uplands project, co-funded by the Bread for the World, ICRAF and the Consultative Institute for Socio-Economic Development of Rural and Mountainous Areas (CISDOMA), and implemented in period of 2021-2025 by a ICRAF and CISDOMA. The project will target that Agroecology contributes to build and maintain resilient landscapes with environmental-friendly livelihoods of local poor ethnic minorities, reducing poverty in the Northwest region of Viet Nam.
The PositionICRAF Viet Nam country office is seeking for the dynamic motivated Researcher to work for both V-SCOPE and A4P project with frequent traveling to project sites in Central Highlands and Tram Tau district, Yen Bai province. The position is set up to assist the project managers of V-SCOPE and A4P in fieldwork, including on-farm implementation, facilitating meetings with farmer groups and other value chain stakeholders, survey, data collection and tabulation, management of datasets, initial data analysis, etc.
Main Responsibilities1. V-SCOPE research project in Central Highlands (50%) Under direct supervision of the V-SCOPE project deputy coordinator, the researcher is expected to deliver the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Data management: Manage project online data repository, including ensuring interactions with project partners to ensure proper data sharing and access in line with project data policy
- Monitoring and evaluation: lead the project M&E documentation of field research activities, results, outputs and outcomes; Coordinate the WP3 M&E pilot in sites along with support from IPSARD, local officer and company staff, periodic monitoring and evaluation of pilot when needed, document data.
- Internal communication and liaison with the ICRAF communication of officer: maintain effective relationships with project partners: support effective internal sharing of information (management of internal social media, regular email communication), support the project lead in managing coordination meetings and in liaising with ICRAF communication officer for external communication;
- Contribute to facilitate workshops in the project sites with local stakeholders and focus group discussions (farming system research, value chain pilots research, gender approach, landscape research);
- Research: conduct surveys, contribute to questionnaire design and programming (ODK), data management and analyses, and lead team of enumerators in the field;
- Facilitate the research activities with on-site technicians and set up some of the work on the ground, set up farmer groups, organize capacity building/trainings/events for farmers and other stakeholders; work closely with female and male farmers, understand their needs and encourage them to engage actively in project activities;
- Writing and reporting: write field reports and workshop reports.
- Involve in Activity 2 on "Study with special focus on the role of women on market opportunities and value chain for key native products" to support study leader and collaborate with partners to conduct value chain surveys, group discussion on market potential products, farmer trainings on business development in Tram Tau, Yen Bai and Kim Boi, Hoa Binh.
- Involve in Activity 4 on "Assessment for climate change mitigation co-benefits in agroforestry systems and estimation of net carbon removal in the project area" to support field work in biomass measurement of all land uses and data analysis.
- Support Networking activity which is mainly related formulating and maintaining farmer groups in Tram Tau and Kim Boi
- Data management: Manage project online data repository together with M&E data collection
Qualifications and Skills RequiredMinimum Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in agriculture, economics, social science, gender or related field. Master holder is a preferable merit
- Publication record will be a major plus.
- At least seven or five years of relevant experience with bachelor or master holder respectively, preferably related to natural resource management and/or rural development, with not-for-profit organizations.
- Computer literate (on Window based-systems including Excel and Word) and database design/management/analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, data collection and management.
- Experience in project M&E
- Demonstrated experience with organizing farmer interest groups.
- Demonstrated experience with gender-work in the field.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines.
- Good command of English, showing ability to communicate well in spoken and written form in both Vietnamese and English
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
- Computer literacy including data management, ODK-programming skills a bonus.
- Good understanding of time management and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good facilitation skill.
- Willingness to spend some time in the project site.
- High interest in receiving feedback from others.
- Initial two-year contract with a competitive salary, to be renewed until project end.
- The contract is subject to 3 (three) months probation period, assessment of performance and availability of resources
How to applyApplications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, and email address
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Quản lý chương trình cấp cao (Đại sứ quán Australia)Đại sứ quán Australia
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
Knowledge Management Specialist (DAI)DAI
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ