Job Title: Results Measurement Specialist
Appointment: Local hire – 2 year term
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency (CEDVP) is responsible for identifying and delivering on private sector diagnostic needs, drawing on resources across the WBG, to grow IFC’s capacity to deliver Country Private Sector Diagnostics (CPSDs), and present private sector perspectives in Systematic Country Diagnostics or Country Partnership Frameworks (SCD/CPF) and country strategies; developing rigorous sector economic analyses and an ex-ante project assessment framework to help guide project selection, complementing our expertise in supporting and monitoring project implementation; as well as identifying and strategically driving policy engagements that create and grow new markets for the private sector. The CEDVP also encompasses teams working on global macroeconomic analyses and prospects as well as the team in charge of gender mainstreaming in IFC. The Vice Presidency is also home to two additional operational teams and content providers focusing on Blended Finance and Climate Businesses.
The Sector Economics and Development Impact Department (CSE), part of the Economics & Private Sector Development Vice Presidency, analyzes economic sectors with a view to identifying opportunities and solutions for private sector development, and works closely with IFC Operations in formulating sector priorities and strategies. It is expected to provide technical support to operations related to structuring, appraising, and monitoring investment and advisory projects and is responsible for reporting on IFC’s impact. The department is in charge of fully developing and implementing the ex-ante project assessment framework (Anticipated Impact Measurement and Monitoring- AIMM) for investment and advisory projects throughout the project cycle, help ensure high-quality economic support for IFC operations teams on strategies and projects; and develop sector economic analyses with a focus on solutions for private sector development.
CSECR is the largest department in the Economics and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency, with approximately 80 staff, comprised of mainly sector economists and results measurement specialists assigned currently to fully integrated units organized along IFC industry groupings. The department offers an “end-to-end” support and impact assessments for IFC investments and advisory services, engaging upstream and downstream throughout the project cycle.
The CSECR Unit implements the mandates and deliverables described above in relation to advisory products and programs related to Investment Climate and Competitiveness, Environmental, Social and Governance; Corporate Financial Services; Gender and other cross-cutting areas that fall outside the purview of IFC’s investment services. The Unit is also responsible for leading the work related to all corporate reporting to the Board, and to Senior Management. It coordinates with stakeholders across the IFC and the WBG overall. In addition, the Unit builds, coordinates and leads the development of governance, processes and procedures, and IT mechanisms for the overall Results Measurement (RM) framework within IFC. This includes supporting the development and implementation of the ex-ante project assessment framework for investment and advisory projects (AIMM) throughout the project cycle and coordinating AIMM monitoring. CSECR also coordinates the self-evaluation program for CSE and represents the IFC in engagements on results measurement issues with external partners.
The Unit is looking to hire an experienced Results Measurement (RM) Specialist to provide expert advice and operational support to help assess the impact of advisory projects related to reforms that promote private sector development, improve investment climate and enhance competitiveness by working with government clients. The RM Specialist will ensure consistent application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks, help generate relevant lessons learned and support staff incorporate such lessons into project design, provide technical support and program quality leadership to donor funded facilities, and contribute to evaluative work beyond the project lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with advisory teams in FCI or the new Regional Creating Markets Advisory in East and South Asia to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks and methods throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work in close collaboration with the above teams on the roll out of AIMM for advisory services (AIMM4AS) for relevant projects. Ensure well-articulated and well-justified analysis of developmental impacts of such engagements in private sector development citing documented evidence on the development gaps and the market creation outcomes expected from the interventions.
- Undertake strong analytical work based in the reforms related to investment climate issues in collaboration with relevant advisory teams to inform sector/country strategies and operational decisions.
- Support the M&E agenda for the reporting on FIAS projects periodically to donors
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an ex-ante project assessment framework for advisory projects throughout the project cycle.
- Monitor data quality and improve it as needed for advisory operations.
- Design, commission and conduct evaluations for enabling a better understanding of impact, thus shape continuous improvement of results measurement work by providing feedback and best practices to Sector Economics and Regional Departments.
- Ensure adequate inputs from the RM team into regional discussions around opportunities to create markets and other strategic discussions at the regional level.
- Train regional management and staff on results measurement related to FCI; particularly on data quality assurance and reporting of results in line with corporate guidelines and standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks.
- Provide M&E inputs to donor proposals, and lead quality assurance and reporting of results internally and externally to donors.
- At least a graduate degree in economics/finance/business/public policy or other relevant graduate degree. A Ph.D. in economics would be a plus.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience demonstrating analytical skills in results measurement, economic analysis and/or private sector development work with a focus on the investment climate and competitiveness issues.
- Knowledge and experience in working on investment climate and business enabling environment issues on the ground, or supporting such work.
- Ability to apply M&E approaches, methods, tools, and terminology of development impact to ex-ante assessments, monitoring and ex-posts evaluations, including log frame development, data collection methodologies, survey design and implementation, and evaluation designs. Training or certification in evaluation is a plus.
- Advanced skills in quantitative analysis, including excel, and statistical software (e.g., STATA, R, SPSS)
- Proven experience and good understanding of advisory projects’ development outcome assessment and processes methods. Knowledge of IFC’s AIMM system is a plus.
- Proven capability to handle complex assignments and produce analytical work to a high professional standard, with minimum supervision.
- Experience with business analytics and results measurement methods, including, survey design and implementation, and experimental and non-experimental evaluation designs, developing development impact thesis, designing logical frameworks.
- Proven ability to monitor data quality and improve it as needed for advisory operations.
- Ability to train regional management and staff on results measurement, particularly on data quality assurance and reporting of results in line with corporate guidelines and standard impact measurement and monitoring frameworks.
- Proven ability to work in teams and capability to work in multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Interested candidates should review the complete job description and selection criteria and apply on-line at http://www.ifc.org/careers and choose vacancy number Req8387.
The closing date is 18th September 2020. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS