Safeguarding Capacity Building Consultancy
Terms of ReferenceBackground:
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is committed to the safety and protection of its staff, representatives, volunteers, partners, beneficiaries and communities where we work. This commitment is enshrined in our Safeguarding Policy and other correlating policies. In support of this work, HFHI is furthering its work to strengthen our institutional architecture and culture on Safeguarding in our national programs.
Habitat for Humanity International in Vietnam (Habitat Vietnam)
Habitat Vietnam is seeking the expertise of a safeguarding capacity building consultant to undertake activities leading to the formulation and implementation of Local Safeguarding Policy Habitat Vietnam. The consultant will work with the designated Safeguarding Focal Person of Habitat Vietnam and the Regional Safeguarding Focal Person at the Asia Pacific Area Office (AP-AO).
The Safeguarding Consultant will work closely with Safeguarding Focal Person of Habitat Vietnam.
This Consultant will be working in person and remotely. The expected duration of this consultancy will not exceed 90 calendar days, starting from June 2021.
Objectives and Expected Outputs: The consultant is expected to deliver on the following activities:
Deliverable 1. Prepare Inception report. This is a report detailing how the consultant will approach the engagement including timelines
Deliverable 2. Compile and conduct desk review of HFHI, Habitat Vietnam policies, procedures and protocols related and relevant to Safeguarding including HR-related, Community-Based Feedback Mechanism, grievance mechanisms and reporting mechanisms, due diligence of vendors and corporate partners, and accreditation of partners, identifying compliance requirements and gaps that need to be addressed based on the HFHI Safeguarding Self-Assessment
Deliverable 3. Compile and conduct Desk review of local regulations and practices that are related to Safeguarding particularly laws on sexual abuse and exploitation, the welfare of and protection of children and vulnerable adults (elderly, people with disabilities, women)
Deliverable 4. Develop and formulate a Local Safeguarding Policy in accordance with HFHI’s Safeguarding Policy, taking into account outputs from Activities 1 to 3 and compliant with HFHI Safeguarding Standards
Deliverable 5. Conduct of feedback sessions by presenting the draft Local Safeguarding Policy to the Country Leadership Team, the AP AO Safeguarding Team, AP AO Country Focal Points and other stakeholders for review and inputs. Consideration has to be made on the how the Local Safeguarding Policy adheres to HFHI Safeguarding Policy and local laws and regulations particularly on requirements to report to local authoritiesDeliverable 6. Finalize the Local Safeguarding Policy taking into account the inputs and feedback from stakeholders.
Deliverable 7. Creation of learning materials such as guidance notes and power point presentation that will be used in the socialization of the Policy.
Deliverable 8. Present the final Local Safeguarding Policy to all staff, and stakeholders such as consultants and volunteers.
Deliverable 9. Prepare a completion report highlighting lessons learned from the engagement.
A. Timeframe The timeframe for this consultancy is estimated to 90 calendar days from the signing of the consultancy agreement.B. Qualifications, skills and experience:
The consultant will be expected to have worked, at least for seven (7) years, with protection, child protection and gender in both development and emergency settings particularly in the Asia Pacific context. The person should also have experience in managing programs in both in development and emergency settings, including some field experience. Degree in social sciences, social work, human rights and preferably with a focus on protection/ child protection/ child rights. Relevant experience would compensate for lack of educational background
C. Bid Requirements: Interested consultants are requested to submit:
- An expression of interest detailing their interpretation of the Terms of Reference (TOR) and work schedule.
- A detailed budget for proposed costs including all taxes liable to be paid
- A capability statement demonstrating how they meet the required qualifications and competencies
- Copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Two references (including one from your last client/employer).
- The entire bid should be a maximum of seven (4) pages including the budget. Bids not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Confidentiality of Information. All documents and data collected will be treated as confidential and used solely to facilitate analysis.
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
E. Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.F. Point of contact
Tran Thi Kim Hoan (Mrs.), Safeguarding Focal Point of Habitat Vietnam: email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam Floor 3, 53/10 Tran Khanh Du Street, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Tel: +84 (28) 3526 5005 Fax: +84 (28) 3526 5323 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: habitatvietnam.orgCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank