All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/.
WWF recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated, and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF.
We are looking for an SD4C, Safeguards and Risk Management Manager, based in Hanoi to provide support in-country risk management, quality assurance, and compliance of projects/landscapes and the broader office to WWF Global Standards.
If you have a solid background in social science/international development studies, want a career filled with meaningful and diverse assignments, and want to make a difference to our planet while enjoying a great work-life balance and evolve yourself every day, JOIN OUR TEAM!
In order to be a good fit you must have:
- Degree in humanities social science, or international development studies;
- At least 5 years of working experience in social and environmental safeguard development and application of standard frameworks such as the World Bank Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), USAID Initial Environmental Evaluation (IEE) and associated management plans and ADB’s social inclusion framework;
- Expertise in gender mainstreaming and social inclusion, especially in relation to women’s access to, participation in, and control over natural resources;
- Background in conducting community consultations and applying Free Prior Informed Consent and Grievances Mechanisms;
- Understanding and experience in relation to local communities, natural resource management and Human Rights an advantage as is a track record in linking environmental issues with social development issues;
- Familiar with participatory approaches, especially in monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Networking and interpersonal skills
The detailed Job Description for this position is attached to this article. Send us your cover letter, curriculum vitae in English, and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position title [WWF – 102020] Safeguards and Risk Management Manager – Full name in the subject line of the email, by 18th October 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)