Applications are sought from suitable individuals to fill the role of Sanctuary Manager with Free the Bears in Vietnam.
Location: Dong Nai Province, Vietnam
About Free the Bears work in Vietnam
Working in close partnership with Cat Tien National Park (CTNP) and Vietnam Administration of Forestry (VNFOREST) Free the Bears is implementing an ambitious programme aimed at supporting the elimination of the illegal trade in bear bile through development of Cat Tien Bear Sanctuary (CTBS) in order to house Asiatic black bears and sun bears rescued from the bile farming industry. The CTBS is already home to more than 40 rescued bears, with further expansion of the sanctuary planned in order to increase capacity and support further rescues. A veterinary hospital was completed in 2019 and development of a Visitor Education Centre in order to promote improved attitudes towards bears and long-term sustainability of the sanctuary is planned in 2021.
The role of Sanctuary Manager involves managing animal care staff and coordinating with veterinary care teams to achieve agreed-upon goals and objectives. Ideally the applicant will hold a tertiary degree in zoology, animal husbandry or similar subject and have several years of relevant animal management experience. In addition, veterinary nursing or technical experience would be held in high regard.
In this role you will be responsible for providing managerial oversight for the daily care and behavioural enrichment for large numbers of rescued bears, as well as playing a key role in planning for rescues in collaboration with our government partners. You will regularly brief the Vietnam Programme Manager and Regional team on sanctuary matters, and will provide timely advice for dialogue with the government. This position is also responsible for ensuring maintenance of sanctuary facilities and equipment and ensuring that husbandry practices are developed and delivered to meet gold standard levels of care.
This is a full-time position based at Free the Bears’ Vietnam Bear Sanctuary in Cat Tien National Park, Dong Nai Province. The applicant should consider the ability to live and work and the remote area within Cat Tien National Park.
This role is subject to a 3-month probation period.
- Strong organization, management and leadership skills
- Vietnamese language proficiency, good command of written and spoken English language
- Minimum 2-years’ experience working within an environmental government agency, NGO or similar wildlife field
- Demonstrated ability to assess, report and communicate on observations of animal behaviour, health and welfare
- Effective contribution to building and leading a positive team environment
- Flexibility and the ability to cope with changes in work priorities at short notice
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work autonomously, assess tasks and set priorities
- Proficient computer skills
- Sound knowledge of the illegal wildlife trade and conservation issues
- Driver’s license, ability to ride a motorbike preferable
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays as required
- Experience working with large carnivores, especially bears
- Knowledge of and experience in using database record-keeping systems
- Awareness and respect for cultural values in a diverse team setting
Benefits and Terms
- Full-time one-year contract with potential to extend, with some weekend work expected
- Competitive salary 18,500,000 – 28,000,000 VND gross per month, based on qualifications and experience
- Social & health insurance, unemployment insurance of the employee will be paid in accordance with the regulations on insurance after passing probation period
- Medical insurance
- Basic accommodation within Cat Tien National Park or Tân Phú District, Dong Nai Province
- Paid holidays (15 Annual leave and National Holidays as prescribed in the labour code of Vietnam)
- A bonus of one month’s salary will be paid at Lunar New Year
- Opportunities for international travel following probationary period
- A rare opportunity to develop new skills and improve existing skillsets in a unique and exciting environment
- Be part of an international organization driving change in the fields of wildlife conservation and animal welfare
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the subject title Vietnam Sanctuary Manager.
Closing date for applications: 23rd April 2021
Start Date: June 2021, or as soon after as possible.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)