Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 5, 2021
The Project Assistant (PA) is primarily responsible for the implementation of Safe Back to School project (SB2S) in Quang Binh province.
The PA will assist to ensure that Save the Children’s (SCI) activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
- Program Development, Implementation, M&E, Reporting and Documentation
- Support Line Manager (LM) to develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan
- Assist LM to produce and submit a monthly work-plan and progress update to the PM/PC that indicates project activities as well as the PA’s schedule.
- Take part in the adaptation of SC’s Literacy Boost (LB) and Safe Back to School (SB2S) training packages for primary teachers/facilitators as well as students and parents/caregivers.
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan and assigned by LM.
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SCI project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Provide inputs for communication materials development
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope
- Support local partners to conduct advocacy effort promote the use of LB and SB2S in Basic Education at different levels.
- Support LM to coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project surveys, activities and other related things
- Finance Management and Budget control
- Follow SCI and donor requirements on expenditures
- In collaboration with Finance team, support project teams and partners in budget planning, expenditures, procurement, and settlements of expenses.
- Admin, Operations and Personnel Supervision
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things
- Responsible for managing and supervising Field Supporter/intern (if any)
- Meet with local partners, Core teachers/facilitators, Core Parents Educators a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager/Project Officer.
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social work, environment or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields
- Experience in education program is desired.
- Willing to travel
- General knowledge/experience of effective admin and finance is desired
- General understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam regarding Education Program.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi