Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 5, 2021
To provide support to Project Manager in management and technical support of the Safe Back to School project of Education Program.
- Program Development
- Contribute to the development of SC Vietnam strategic direction in education sector by supporting Project Manager (PM) to provide inputs to the CSP, and the thematic strategy in coordination with Education Program Manager (EPM) and staff involved in education program.
- Support PM to maintain relationships with SC members with interest in education and work closely with Technical Assistance (TA) team from SC members and SCI for program development
- Actively engage in education program portfolio fund raising in coordination with PM, EPM, Award Manager and SC members designated staff and TAs.
- Ensure that recommendations from beneficiaries, government partners, and donors are considered in education program development.
- Work closely with the project team to capture education project impact and lessons, feedback from beneficiaries and ensure these are integrated in education program development.
- Project Management and Technical Support
- Provide support to PM in overall management of project implementation with high quality and in line with the objectives of the country strategy.
- Ensure that project progress in accordance with subgrant agreement, activities are completed within time and on budget.
- Be responsible for project filed implementation in Quang Binh with close liaison with Quang Binh DOET.
- Provide technical support to foster the implementation and application of Save the Children education common approaches of Literacy Boost (LB) and Safe Back to School (SB2S) in Quang Binh province.
- Ensure the project is implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures.
- Facilitate a project effective monitoring and evaluation framework and conduct regular field visit to project sites for technical assistance, monitoring and follow-up.
- Support PM in the day-to-day management of the project to ensure an effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management by partner. It includes support to short-term planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, reporting through coordination with partner.
- Staff Management
- Support PM in staff management of the designated project and coordination with other projects.
- Coordinate assignments between project staff as requested by PM.
- Provide direct coaching or mentoring to the Project Officers, Project Assistant and Project MEAL Officer in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Take responsibility for the management of the operations team work plan.
- Provide supervisees with opportunities for professional development.
- Financial Management
- Provide support to PM in preparing budget phasing and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with EPM, program staff and implementing partners.
- Approve project expenditure up to USD 10,000 regarding Scheme of Delegation.
- Provide support to PM in sub-grant management - in preparing the sub-grant to partners based on the agreed activities, releasing the sub-grant, monitoring the sub-grant and in submitting sub-grant finance report.
- Ensure that SCI and donor finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners. Report to FSSD any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation.
- Provide support to PM to facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by the finance and procurement team by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation
- Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Represent SCI’s Education Programme in relevant education forum or theme groups both locally and internationally and within SCI. With support from Communication Officer, increase and maintain the visibility of SC Vietnam in education sector.
- Support PM to organise all donor visits.
- Support PM to establish and maintain network with INGOS, CSOs and donors working on education theme to establish synergy and alliance for any advocacy initiative
- Support PM in coordination and maintain strong relationship with DOET to ensure that SC education program is in line with government priorities and fully supported by government
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with local implementing partners such as government agencies and CSOs for successful project implementation and ensure that government laws, policies and procedures are complied during project implementation (e.g. MoU, project approval from local authority)
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- University degree in education, social science, development studies, or business administration
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 7-year experiences working with an INGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs;
- Demonstrated experience in education thematic area and demonstrated experience in capacity building, technical support, advising and documentation of education related program;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form in English and Vietnamese
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and work effectively in a cross-culture environment.
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, to motivate and inspire team work;
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think strategically;
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Willing to travel frequently
- Flexibility and a sense of humour – ability to work, live and thrive in challenging circumstances;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Experience of working with local government and partners;
- Good reporting writing and critical thinking skills
- Experience of working in an emergency setting and/or commitment to build that capacity;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation