Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 5, 2021
The Project Officer (PO) is responsible for assigned tasks among the implementation of Safe Back to School project (SB2S). She/he will be main responsible for sub-grant management of Quang Binh DOET. The PO will assist to ensure that Save the Children Vietnam activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan
- Revise the Detailed Implementation Plan as necessary during the project implementation
- Provide support and supervision to relevant partners to ensure quality, participatory, effective, efficient and cost-sensitive planning, implementation, monitoring/reviewing, reporting and evaluation processes of the project activities in the project areas, with and by partners
- Take part in the adaptation of SC’s Literacy Boost (LB) and Safe Back to School (SB2S) training package and training for teachers/facilitators as well as parents/caregivers for the project.
- Provide technical support to teachers and parents to apply the LB and SB2S approaches in Quang Binh province.
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SC project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Provide inputs for communication materials development
- Work closely with the project team and relevant local partners to create and pilot innovative and effective models or approaches that can extensively replicated at provincial, regional, and national scope
- Support local partners to conduct advocacy effort promote the use of LB and SB2S in Basic Education program at different levels.
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things
- Contribute to the Education program development effort by collecting data, information and providing inputs to proposal development.
2. Finance Management and Budget control
- Responsible for managing day-to-day liaison with district partners in Quang Binh.
- Support and Project Manager (PM)/ Project Coordinator (PC) in monitoring partner’ budget, burn rate, and advise PM/PC of any anticipated problems
- Comply SCI and donor requirements on expenditures and provide support to partners on compliance
- Prepare monthly cash projection, advance requests and expense claim
3. Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Assist in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training as necessary
- Monitor project activities conducted by partners to ensure project activities implemented as per work-plan
- Collect and submit monthly reports that compile the numbers trained and numbers reached in each project sites, achievements, challenges and lessons learned.
- Participate in, support and prepare logistics for research, surveys and other monitoring and/or evaluation activities in all project sites as needed.
- Propose solutions to address assessed needs and adjust implementation approaches to attain or maintain the highest quality based on assessment and ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide input into reports as requested by the PM/PC in a timely manner.
- Interview teachers, ethnic minority parents and children to prepare stories and/or activity reports and photos to show progress, lessons and challenges on a quarterly basis.
- Build local partner capacity by planning and coordinating the implementation of project activities, identifying training needs, developing training plans and providing training to develop needed capacity
- Meet with local partners, Core teachers/facilitators, Core Parents Educators a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation.
- Maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation
- Ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested PM/PC.
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
5. Staff management (if any)
- Provide direct supervision to Project Assistant and Project Intern to ensure the project team works productively in field implementation
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community develop, social work, environment or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields
- Experience in education projects implementation and supporting Ethnic Minorities in central provinces is desired.
- Willing to travel
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities of Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi