JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ADVERTISEMENT
Position: Schools Engagement Coordinator
Department: Public and Community Engagement (PCE)
Location: Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Hours of work: Full-time. Working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
Tenure: Initially for 01 year, including a 02 month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and funding.
Reporting to: Vice-Head of PCE
Vacancy reference: JD-0521-016Background
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, Jakarta and Shantou. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
Dedicated to research excellence, OUCRU has a commitment to promote its research findings internationally and locally in Vietnam. OUCRU has a dynamic and innovative Public and Community Engagement team responsible for promoting the image and science of OUCRU in Vietnam, and designing and implementing training and public engagement activities. The PCE department has a strong focus on youth involvement, and accessibility of science to school-aged children. In addition, it has a research and engagement interests around vaccination uptake, in the context of underserved communities and understanding vaccine hesitancy, supporting healthcare workers.
In 2017-2020, OUCRU and Bayer have developed a joint project called Making Science Making Sense (MSMS) to promote hands-on science learning for primary schoolchildren. In responding to the current situation of society, we enabled our partnership to develop a MSMS digital science hub that engages Vietnamese children across the country in visual and interactive activities to develop their science literacy.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website.
This engagement position would suit a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with children and youth in the sector of science education, engagement and development.
The schools engagement coordinator will be responsible for:
- Running digital engagement platforms to bring science, young people and scientists together.
- Providing coordination of engagement events and training workshops.
- Supporting wider engagement activities across the department.
This position might require works at the weekends to run events, and travel to provinces to support other schools and youth engagement activities.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Digital engagement to promote science literacy for children
- Developing and executing a strategic plan to reach children across the country through social media (Facebook, Youtube...) and promote their involvement in online science activities.
- Working closely with the OUCRU Science Media Youth Working Group, scientists and collaborators to develop good quality contents for a digital science hub funded by Bayer.
- Leading on all media productions such as research science videos, science comics, science podcasts... for the digital science hub and other online schools engagement materials.
- Working closely with schools engagement team to develop and execute online campaigns to engage children in specific topics.
- Providing quarterly reports on OUCRU’s social media channels being used as engagement platforms to run science activities for children.
Face to face engagement events
- Working closely with the schools engagement team to develop plans for face to face science engagement events organised for children, parents or teachers.
- In collaboration with the schools engagement team and invited stakeholders to carry out the approved events.
Engagement and training to support capacity of science teachers
- Conducting surveys, group discussions and interviews to capture perspectives and need of science teachers in terms of their capacity to deliver hands-on minds-on science activities for children.
- Working together with other schools coordinator(s) to plan and organise training for science teachers and science teacher trainers.
General coordination and management
- Preparing contracts, MOUs, letters, budget required for the development and delivery of prject activities.
- Identifying relevant stakeholders, including researchers, artists, film-makers, graphic designers, event volunteers, service providers... to implement schools engagement activities.
- Being responsible for organisation and logistics arrangements of all project activities in charge.
- Designing and conducting evaluation activities to collect feedback of stakeholders involved in every single activity.
- Reporting on activity event within 3 weeks of completion.
- Claiming financial request after each activity conducted.
- Preparing reports requested by OUCRU, funders and government.
- Being responsible for sharing good practices as well as providing inputs to the work plans of PCE colleagues in Indonesia and Nepal when required.
- Translating and proofing reading documents related to work.
Other tasks: requested by Head of PCE and Vice-Head of PCE.
This person should be dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic. She/he is expected to have the followings:
- BSc, BA (Science communication, Development study, Media or equivalent qualifications).
- Be innovative and confident to take projects forward.
- Ability to present work plans in English and prepare reports written in English.
- Ability to provide excellent communication and interpersonal skills in cross-cultural settings essential.
- 3 years minimum experiences in digital media, education or community projects, event organisation and delivery of training activities.
- Experience of working with children and young people is advantageous.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player.
- Willingness to perform other tasks requested by Head of PCE and Vice-Head of PCE.
- Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year.
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labour Law.
How to apply
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates, either by email or by post to the following address:
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Laboratory of Clinical Science Hospital for Tropical Diseases 764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC Tel: 39237954 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** We thank all applicants for their interests but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Hong Phuc
Deadline for submission: 9 June 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank