- Grade: Higher Executive Officer (HEO)
- Type of Position: Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
- Working hours per week: 39.5
- Country/Territory: Vietnam
- Location (City): Hanoi
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Salary: VND 57,137,529
- Start Date: 5 June 2023
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main purpose of job:
- Science, technology and global health are increasingly vital to our future. This opportunity comes at an exciting time as the UK has set high ambitions for science, innovation and technology, including the recent creation of a dedicated Government department.
- In this role, you will take a collaborative approach that ensures the UK and Vietnam have access to knowledge and resources that support resilience and prosperity. You will build on the existing strong partnership between the two countries, including joint research programmes, policy dialogue, new academic partnerships, and commercial opportunities.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Expertise and analysis – Identifying and facilitating opportunities for greater collaboration between the UK and Vietnam in (i) science, (ii) technology and (iii) health sectors. Monitoring and analysing key developments in Vietnam and their implications for the UK.
- Stakeholder engagement – Establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders in government, academia and industry. Facilitating partnerships and information exchange between the UK and Vietnamese organisations.
- Policy and advice – Providing insights to inform and shape UK policy, and responding in a timely manner to requests for information, introductions and briefing. Where relevant, engaging with the Vietnamese government to secure support for relevant policy objectives.
- Programme management – Designing and implementing projects that deliver UK science, technology and health objectives, including supporting the rollout of a new regional health programme and a new international science collaboration fund.
- Wider collaboration – Supporting wider policy goals, including trade and public diplomacy to promote the UK’s world-leading science, technology and innovation capability and commercial potential. As part of the UK’s science network and the UK’s health network in South East Asia, identifying opportunities to engage in regional activities in strategic priority areas.
- Resources managed (staff and expenditure): The job-holder will have the opportunity to bid for and manage programme funds from the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology to run small projects in support of UK objectives in Vietnam. Indicatively these might be around £15k – 25k per year.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of the Vietnamese science or health ecosystems, institutions and priorities and an understanding of the role that science and technology plays in international policy, trade and business.
- At least three years relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills/experience
- Project / programme management experience
- Language: English, Vietnamese
- Level of language required: Fluent – written and spoken
- All applications must be received before 23:55 (Vietnam Time) on 20 April 2023.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Consultant (SNV)SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Communication Executive & Researcher (Inno Community Development Organisation)Inno Community Development Organization
Executive Assistant / Translator (Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Ho Chi Minh City)Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore
Admin & Logistics Volunteer (CARE International in Vietnam)CARE International in Vietnam (CVN)
All year round